PDA

View Full Version : Need A Lesser Ball ( To Much H00k)

mrbill
10-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I Just got my JigSaw a few months ago and its drilled Very strong with the pin as far right of the finger tips as you can go, As Robert says 4x4.
Then I have my icon300 particle Ball Drilled with the pin very high above mid fingers.
Now I need a ball the Will not only Look Real good(a must) but will skid far and flip med.:eek:
I want Some type of ball that looks Just as good as my jig or my Purple ICON, Any Ideas?:confused:
P.S. I am a Power Stroker

JaxBowlingGuy
10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
look hybrid balls... Storm Hy-Road, Virtual Energy, or maybe a particle pearl drilled to arch on the back end... I have actually found that my Second Dimension has good length and is probably one of the smoothest balls on the back end out of all that I currently throw.. I would say something like Hy-Road would be a good fit between them..

(This is just my opinion on the current Storm balls)

Stormed1
10-21-2009, 04:35 AM
AMF - Sideways
900 Global - Break Point Pearl, LunaticBrunswick - C-System 2.5 , Diamondback
Columbia - Bedlam , cool noize
Ebonite - Lanebreaker
Hammer - Burn
Roto - Nomad (solid or pearl)
Storm Virtual Energy, 2nd Dimension, Reign,Hy-Road, Fast
Track - 715a, 505a
Visionary - New Breed pearl , Ogre ss

Strike Domination
10-21-2009, 05:40 AM
I say to look at the Brunswick Python. That should have good length and snap, but shouldn't hook as much as other stuff. If you need something weaker, Avalanche Pearl oughtta do it.

mrbill
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks alot for the info everyone, I'm gonna look up each and every ball you guys put up here.
I know I will get a ball I don't have to force down the lanes after the fresh oil is gone...

mrbill
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks alot for the info everyone, I'm gonna look up each and every ball you guys put up here.
I know I will get a ball I don't have to force down the lanes after the fresh oil is gone...

Its kinda narrowed down to 3 balls so far now

Visionary Frankie May Gryphon

900 Global Break Point Pearl

Storm Second Dimension

They look k00l and are mid range balls I think.

Strike Domination
10-22-2009, 03:28 AM
How does the Icon compare to the Jigsaw? Do you use the Jigsaw on fresh and switch to the Icon or is the Jigsaw too strong to start with also?

onefrombills
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Look at the Freeze from Columbia 300 .......Best mid price ball for the money !!!!

elky57
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM
lane #1?

mrbill
10-24-2009, 08:57 PM
How does the Icon compare to the Jigsaw? Do you use the Jigsaw on fresh and switch to the Icon or is the Jigsaw too strong to start with also?

Hey Strike, Yeah I start off with the jigSaw then Work my way left untill the 3rd arrow, then I pick up the ICON witch go's longer on the back end so I wind up moving back to 2nd arrow with my eyes and almost start all over again. The ICON was top of the Line in particle balls back in its day.. A lesser ball Should do the trick.
P.S. I was also wanting to practice going up 1,2,3 boards and get that Line down pat as well..

10-22-2009 03:01 PM
onefrombills Look at the Freeze from Columbia 300 .......Best mid price ball for the money !!!!

Thanks onefrombills, Sweet looking ball and Now it's On my Short List:)

What I did Was just for Sh-ts and giggles was pull my Black Rhino(Big with Mark Roth in the 80's PBA) and My Radical InfernO, Prime Time, and Monster Retired balls out of the dungeon.
Now all I have to do is drag them all the the lanes and see what they can do:rolleyes:

JaxBowlingGuy
10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Strike, Yeah I start off with the jigSaw then Work my way left untill the 3rd arrow, then I pick up the ICON witch go's longer on the back end so I wind up moving back to 2nd arrow with my eyes and almost start all over again. The ICON was top of the Line in particle balls back in its day.. A lesser ball Should do the trick.

Thanks onefrombills, Sweet looking ball and Now it's On my Short List:)

What I did Was just for Sh-ts and giggles was pull my Black Rhino(Big with Mark Roth in the 80's PBA) and My Radical InfernO, Prime Time, and Monster Retired balls out of the dungeon.
Now all I have to do is drag them all the the lanes and see what they can do:rolleyes:

Hey, wanna try some Elite Bowling ball?? lol.. I am a distributor for them now..

mrbill
10-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey, wanna try some Elite Bowling ball?? lol.. I am a distributor for them now..

Wow Gratz Robert! That is great news...
Does this mean your selling all your Storm stuff?
Do you have a link to your sales? I'll look :eek: oops I see it in you sig DuH!

JaxBowlingGuy
10-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow Gratz Robert! That is great news...
Does this mean your selling all your Storm stuff?
Do you have a link to your sales? I'll look :eek: oops I see it in you sig DuH!

Nope ill still be throwing my Storm stuff... :-) If you see anything you like, let me know and ill let you know the price.. it wont be the same as on there..

Strike Domination
10-25-2009, 11:33 PM
So are you looking to replace the Icon with a current ball? It seems kinda weak as it is if you can jump an arrow to the right. If you're looking for a weaker ball than that I would look at the Avalanche Pearl or similar.

dougb
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Look at the Freeze from Columbia 300 .......Best mid price ball for the money !!!!

I second the Freeze. Another option would be an Emerald or Cherry Vibe. They go long and snap surprisingly hard on the back end.

gparks
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
a guy i bowl with has a jigsaw he will use it for 1st and typically half way through 2nd and heads burn out for him he grabs his burn and dosent miss a beat he throws about 14-16 mph a righty tweener the burn has a pretty break and hits hard keeps pins low like the jigsaw too id say its 4-5 boards weaker than his saw a good mix for him. good luck with what you decide on bud