PDA

View Full Version : Release drill

123seeyah
10-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Care to share your release drills to improve release? i find it hard inducing revs in my shots :(

Strike Domination
10-22-2009, 03:08 AM
I think doing a one-step approach is often recommended to work on release. There's also getting in your finish position at the foul line and doing a few half swings before releasing the ball. This makes it easier to get the feel of where your hand/wrist should be. Doing this, you should also watch your hand to make sure you're doing what you want to be doing.

onefrombills
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Take a small nerf football and go through your swing and throw the ball into the couch .......as long as you make the spiral you have thrown it good

123seeyah
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Take a small nerf football and go through your swing and throw the ball into the couch .......as long as you make the spiral you have thrown it good

ive been doing this but when i get to throw my bowling ball i tend to get back to my old habits :(

poflobo
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
ive been doing this but when i get to throw my bowling ball i tend to get back to my old habits :(

What are some of the old habits you speak of?

onefrombills
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
the old habit's or due to mussel memory and the fact that the bowling ball is heavier than the nerf ball....you really need to focus on the hand/wrist potion and in time you will break that old habit

123seeyah
10-23-2009, 08:41 PM
got some coaching yesterday to correct my release. my approach was good except the release. coach told me i have to relax my muscles, dont use arms and forearms. the only muscle that i'll use is on the wrist. he made me do the foul line drill. overall it was all good. but damn my body's sore right now. but it feels good :D

mrbill
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I have not had much practice after my back went out 2 months ago. So While I was out of comission I watched Alot of Video and read our boards and listined.
What I found out to get more revs that I so needed was to "Wait for it"

Open my Stance on release!
I practiced today and it seems to be working very well. When I come from the side more then I used to pointing stright almost like chris barns, I seem to get more under the ball and then am able to rip it with some presission.
Well i'm very happy to be back to practiceing every day again and hope to never stop, Wish me luck....

extraacount
10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
I did the football drill for about a month now whenever i see my football :D sometimes i just leave it where ever i throw it and it seems like its working plus some other tips i got. Its true that old habits do come back but after doing the football drill for sometime it seems like my muscle memory is used to it / memorized it.