PDA

View Full Version : comments/advice on my form?

Drano
10-24-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgfsS6yWYs

I just made this video today, so it's pretty recent.

(the song has some profanities so if you're offended by it plz mute it)

Drano
10-27-2009, 02:30 AM
no comments? :(

or advice? :(:(

PSBA10
10-27-2009, 05:20 AM
I think you need to work on balance. Numerous shots, especially early in the video, showed you falling off to the right as soon as the ball was released. Later on it was better.

As far as your form, it would be better to see a right side view. It is hard to determine what is happening with strictly a view of your back.

You did get some nice reaction on the ball though.

onefrombills
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
What I would like to see you work on is a better follow through ....It looks like you cross your body with your right arm ....Get that strighter and everything else will fall in to place

Stormed1
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree wth both of the posts above. It seeed to me like when you tried to put extra speed/rev you fell off at the line badly. When you were relaxwd you were anle to "st the shot" as John Howdy says bery well. Your follow through was inconsistant that way too. Sometimes straight and more time across your body.

onefrombills
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I forgot to mention that the ball will go longer too with the straighter arm swing and that will save some power for the backends

Drano
10-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys...

My league coaches have told me about my follow-through before, how my arm should end up more to the right side of my head rather than the left. I tried it but I couldn't figure it out, I guess it's something to work on, any tips?

And the balance thing, yeah I never really noticed that until I started making some videos, I should work on that too. It looks silly.

mrbill
10-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys...

My league coaches have told me about my follow-through before, how my arm should end up more to the right side of my head rather than the left. I tried it but I couldn't figure it out, I guess it's something to work on, any tips?

And the balance thing, yeah I never really noticed that until I started making some videos, I should work on that too. It looks silly.

I like all the tips so far, as to your hand ending up on the right side of your face.
What I did and am still doing is to hold the ball on start up more to the right side on my body, thus keeping the Pro Swing intact,,,. That might help with your balance as well....

PSBA10
10-27-2009, 11:30 PM
In my case, as well as a number of other people I have watched, the arm across the body is caused by letting the elbow break early. As long as I keep my elbow locked and close to my body my follow though is straight. If I don't, I end up "chicken winging" the shot with my follow through across my body.

Strike Domination
10-28-2009, 12:40 AM
To fix your follow through I might suggest just trying to exaggerate it at first. You're probably going to have to stop trying to hook the ball to accomplish this. I'm not sure if you're doing this, but turning your hand early is a possible cause of your follow through.

The balance problem, to me, usually starts with a timing issue. I'm not able to pinpoint what you should change here, but my suggestion is just to be aware of your timing as it relates to when you and the ball get to the line. Changes in how and when you push away can help. Maybe talk to the league coaches to see if they are able to identify this kind of problem.