PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Japan, newbie here!

eyegolf2
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi all, first of all I am not a good bowler by any means. I'm a hacker in golf, what is the equivalent in bowling? :rolleyes: I enjoyed bowling but not the pain, those darn house balls killed my hand. I had a Linds Laser (I know, I know) fitted for me and no pain! Now I really enjoy bowling and am going to get another ball...Thinking of the Roto Grip Mars. This looks like a cool forum to be in, I'm in a golf forum similar to this so I plan to feel at home here. Talk to you all soon. By the way, I'm in the Air Force stationed in Japan, in case anybody was wondering.

mrbill
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the boards eyegolf2, I know we will have fun hearing each others story's and Helping where needed.
How the weather in Japan?

eyegolf2
10-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi mrbill, at the moment it is sunny and upper 60's. It gets very cool, low 50's at night. The problem is the insulation in Japanese houses isn't all that great. Oh well, I'm liking Japan very much so far. Thanks for the welcome!

poflobo
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi all, first of all I am not a good bowler by any means. I'm a hacker in golf, what is the equivalent in bowling? :rolleyes: I enjoyed bowling but not the pain, those darn house balls killed my hand. I had a Linds Laser (I know, I know) fitted for me and no pain! Now I really enjoy bowling and am going to get another ball...Thinking of the Roto Grip Mars. This looks like a cool forum to be in, I'm in a golf forum similar to this so I plan to feel at home here. Talk to you all soon. By the way, I'm in the Air Force stationed in Japan, in case anybody was wondering.

Welcome!...You ARE home!

What to call you? Well... if you threw most of your shots in the gutter, we could call you a "Ditch Digger!":D But since you own your own ball, looking to buy a 2nd, you've made the transition to "Serious Bowler and Athlete".

And BTW, thanks for serving in the military!:)

eyegolf2
10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
You are making me feel very welcomed! Thank you all. One question, how can I add a signature? I don't seem to have the "edit signature" option on my CP, I do have the "edit AVATAR" option though. Thanks for the help.

poflobo
10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I believe you have to have a certain number of posts before it opens that option. So get typing!:D

eyegolf2
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I thought that might be it! Thanks for the heads up.

poflobo
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting to get enough to add a picture to my sig. LOL

JaxBowlingGuy
10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I thought that might be it! Thanks for the heads up.

Hi and welcome!!

You have to have either 10 or 30.. Sorry cant really remember but its one of those..

Stormed1
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the "family". Enjoy the game we all love to play

Maine Man
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Konnichiwa and irasshaimase, eyegolf2. You will find this a very friendly and knowledgable site. If you are just getting into bowling, the Mars is a good medium price option. You could also look at the Hammer Vibe series, or the Freeze from Columbia. Any of those would be good picks for your first real "resin" ball. Gambatte!

eyegolf2
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Thank you for the suggestions Maine Man, I may have to take you up on your suggestions. I will start a thread in the bowling discussion thread here in a minute about a problem I'm having.

Maine Man
10-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Feel free to ask questions anytime here, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

poflobo
10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Konnichiwa and irasshaimase, eyegolf2. You will find this a very friendly and knowledgable site. If you are just getting into bowling, the Mars is a good medium price option. You could also look at the Hammer Vibe series, or the Freeze from Columbia. Any of those would be good picks for your first real "resin" ball. Gambatte!

Japanese!!! Now you're just rubbing our nose in it! Is there anything you DON'T know? :p

BTW, read my signature.......AGAIN! :D LOL.

kev3inp
11-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I've seen alternate spellings of those Japanese words, but big props for using them. Welcome to the boards and wave at Korea as long as you're in the neighborhood. ;)