PDA

View Full Version : Ball buying problem...RotoGrip Mars issue...

eyegolf2
10-29-2009, 11:54 PM
So I had my heart all set on buying a Mars ball in the 12 lbs weight. I looked online and the company does make this ball in a 12, went to the local Pro Shop on base and got a call back saying the Company doesn't make a 12 lbs model! Huh? There are several reasons why I want to go with a lighter ball, but mainly I'm comfortable with that weight. What to do? Just try a different ball line? :confused:

Gil

JaxBowlingGuy
10-30-2009, 12:08 AM
So I had my heart all set on buying a Mars ball in the 12 lbs weight. I looked online and the company does make this ball in a 12, went to the local Pro Shop on base and got a call back saying the Company doesn't make a 12 lbs model! Huh? There are several reasons why I want to go with a lighter ball, but mainly I'm comfortable with that weight. What to do? Just try a different ball line? :confused:

Gil

The Storm Tropical Storms come in 12lb... its Roto Grips parent company

eyegolf2
10-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks StormBowler, I'll look into the TS. I saw on Roto's website that the Mars even comes in 10 lbs! I wonder why the disconnect?

JaxBowlingGuy
10-30-2009, 12:51 AM
well the mars does come in 12lb...

http://www.bowling.com/products/roto-grip-mars.htm

Stormed1
10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
It is available in 12lb. The person who said they did'nt probably was too lazy to order it

fairgq1
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
gil, sent you a pm

eyegolf2
10-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Allen, PM replied. Like I said in the PM, I'm actually looking to go with a 13 lbs ball. Can you help me? I'm stationed overseas, in Japan.

poflobo
11-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Allen, PM replied. Like I said in the PM, I'm actually looking to go with a 13 lbs ball. Can you help me? I'm stationed overseas, in Japan.

Is there any particular reason why you can't bowl with a 15 lb. ball? If you are of decent stature, a light weight ball can cause accuracy problems. You will develope the tendency to to throw it harder in order to increase your pin carry.

eyegolf2
11-06-2009, 02:10 AM
poflobo, I guess I'm not of a decent size...i'm 5"5" and about 141 lbs. I had carpal tunnel before and was having trouble going with a heavy ball. I was comfortable with a 13# house ball but now I learned I can go heavier since I'm getting it fitted. I ordered a 14# Roto Grip Golden Globe to practice some more and then use it as my spare ball. I'll get that Mars yet!

poflobo
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
poflobo, I guess I'm not of a decent size...i'm 5"5" and about 141 lbs. I had carpal tunnel before and was having trouble going with a heavy ball. I was comfortable with a 13# house ball but now I learned I can go heavier since I'm getting it fitted. I ordered a 14# Roto Grip Golden Globe to practice some more and then use it as my spare ball. I'll get that Mars yet!

When the ball is properly fitted, there should minimum strain on your hand. But under NO circumstances let them talk you into a short span grip. That will make you squeeze the ball to hang on to it and aggravate your CTS again. I know guys that wear a sport wrist support they picked up at the drug store and they say it helps keep the tendons/ligaments in control. Also the finger tip grip is easier on your hand...more control.