PDA

View Full Version : How to Increase Rev's

pocketsplit
10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
My rev rate is estimated to be below 200.

Understand more rev's should increase more hook or continuation which I need desperately on my Gamebreaker. It is very flat with little movement for my 14-15 speed, high trac, on medium oil wood lanes.

Numerous instructors mention the 'hand shake', closed fingers, clock position, full arm swing, and of course getting the ball off the fingers. Nothing seems effective.

Ball driller says he can do no more on pin location, and numerous abralons tried from 500-4000 and polishes.

Can it be the ball?, Drilling?, type coverstock?, or pretty much me that can not give it much hand?

bowl1820
10-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's a couple of articles (with pictures) that could help.

Simple Method to Change the Amount of Revs (http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=62)

Strong Finger Position One Key to Creating Revs (http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=140&Itemid=62)

PSBA10
11-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Are you suggesting he has a problem with his "poop shoot"? That an ennema to remove exhaust restriction will increase his rev rate?

How often is this procedure required? and what increase in rev rate can we expect?

To the Original Poster, it sounds to me like you have a very weak release. This can be caused by many things, but what I would work on first is a smooth fluid release free of any muscling the ball. Also try to keep your fingers below the equator of the ball as long as you can. I also suggest that you exaggerate your follow through. Finish with your hand next to your right ear if you're right handed. If you finish anywhere other than beside your right ear, Ie. by your nose, then you will know that you turned the ball too early and in effect "topped" the ball thus killing your shot.

jakester
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
may want to try some type of wrist support/release. They can help maintain the same wrist position consistantly, also, be positive you are getting your thumb out first, then fingers after a strong lift/release. also, it may help to take a lesson to add value to your practice sessions. good luck, it is a lot of fun experimenting...