PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell Ball Review

MSUHoss300
11-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I have drilled 2 Mutant Cells so far. First one I drilled is just a favorite layout of mine, 45 x 4 3/4 x 65 puts pin under my bridge, mass in a strong position with a hole down. Second one is 70 x 4 x 30, pin is above and to the right of ring finger drilled mass out with thumb, no hole. In comparison to the original Cell I think this ball is a little cleaner thru the front and is a little more continuous down lane. Basically a Cell on steroids. In comparison to the Rogue I find the biggest difference to be length, The Rogue for me was very early rolling, Mutant clears the front very easily. Mutant #1 is going to be a ball I use quite a bit on the shorter PBA patterns, it is very smooth and controllable, predictability is what I am looking for especially on these conditions. Mutant #2 is going to be for the longer patterns like Scorpion and Shark because it is more continuous and more angular.

If you are a fan of the Cell line I know you will be very pleased with this ball, it is alot of ball especially for the money. This ball hooks just as much if not more then any $220 bowling balls and its about $40 cheaper. This ball will be a great Christmas and is the most bang for your buck. Good luck and happy striking!

David O'Sullivan
Roto-Grip Staff Member

hondo
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
This ball really gets the job done, get down the lane with alot of forward roll.