PDA

View Full Version : sad news from harvest park bowl in brentwood ca.

mike-boogie
11-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Youth bowling coach Gary Robertson passed away this weekend. He was a treasure to all who knew him, and always had a passion for the sport, and willing to give help and advise to all. Will be missed!

mike-boogie
11-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I will keep all posted on services and there is plans in work for a celebration of life for all who knew and loved him at the bowling alley in brentwood. As soon as I get that info, I'll post it.

Drano
11-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey mike-boogie.

Harvest Park happens to be my home bowling alley, and I too will miss Gary. He was a great coach on my leagues and helped me get my 126 average up to the 180-200ish that it is now, over the last year. He was also a great friend, and a great person. Even though he was fighting cancer, he was always happy and willing to help. I'd never seen him sad or angry.

How did you know him?

[Though, I think this topic belongs in the 11th frame lounge; In Memory Of... forum]

Strike Domination
11-05-2009, 02:05 AM
It's always sad to hear about someone passing away. My respect goes out to him for the contributions he's made to the game.

mike-boogie
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
hey drano, I've seen u there. I bowl sunday nite shooters, but my boys bowl fri with u. I met gary during a no tap 9 pin tourney. we were on the same lanes. very nice man, and he ended with $ that day

mike-boogie
11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
sorry bout the placement of the post. new to the site, so maybe you can hook that up. see u on the lanes.

Drano
11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
hey drano, I've seen u there. I bowl sunday nite shooters, but my boys bowl fri with u. I met gary during a no tap 9 pin tourney. we were on the same lanes. very nice man, and he ended with $ that day

you'll have to say hi tomorrow :P, and yeah Gary was a great guy

and im sure the placement is no problem for the mods, they can just move it if it is