PDA

View Full Version : That ONE Teammate

acdunker
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I just want to know if anyone else has that one team member that seems to be more of an annoyance than a productive member of the team. We started our team last summer with a few guys from work. During the summer league we were in, this one person was very inconsistent in this match play style, and it is where we typically lost our points. Now for this league season, we are in two leagues. Now he still bowls erratically, but now seems to be throwing out phrases like "You gotta hit the head pin!" "Did you see that?" and "How'd I do that?" A lot of the time, he yells these loud enough to hear him from a few lanes away. Then he throws out phrases when someone is bowling bad that doesn't do anything to motivate you at all. The last two weeks I finally had enough and told him to shut the hell up. If he wants to motivate, be positive, and to shut up when someone is on the approach.

I like the guy and enjoy working with him and playing cards with him, but damn is he annoying at the alley. I just want to know what quirky people everyone else has on their team so that I am not alone.

mrbill
11-06-2009, 12:23 AM
I got a team mate that does well only when he drinks, He does really well lol But the bad thing is he hardly talks at all and looks mean all the time, And the quirky thing is he only lets me touch his finger when giving props, k00ky right?

Ohh and on my other league I bowl with a couple that together barely rolls 200 but when they do real bad, one says" oh well" and the other looks like she is gonna cry.. I love Bowling! ohh and maybe 3 hand slaps a game lol I don't mind thou, I only want to have fun and get better..

Strike Domination
11-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I've never really had to deal with people like this. I've bowled with people that can get hot headed and talk to or get down on themselves. Nothing I couldn't handle though. I've pretty much never been on a team with people I didn't like.

Jord_84
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I've encountered a few bad teammates. 2 years ago on my womens league, I had a teammate who got REALLY behind on paying her weekly dues...60 bucks behind! The league secretary told her that she needed to get caught up and my teammate went off on the secretary! Plus she wasn't a ray of sunshine to begin with. Summer league this year, there was a guy on another team who was just way too cocky. Hed only been bowling a year or so and hed have a few good games/series...but he was never consistently good. And lastly, my pro shop guy has a crybaby for a teammate. The guy does bad, whines about it...but never asks for advice and never listens to advice he's given...and he never practices.

acdunker
11-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I've encountered a few bad teammates. 2 years ago on my womens league, I had a teammate who got REALLY behind on paying her weekly dues...60 bucks behind! The league secretary told her that she needed to get caught up and my teammate went off on the secretary! Plus she wasn't a ray of sunshine to begin with. Summer league this year, there was a guy on another team who was just way too cocky. Hed only been bowling a year or so and hed have a few good games/series...but he was never consistently good. And lastly, my pro shop guy has a crybaby for a teammate. The guy does bad, whines about it...but never asks for advice and never listens to advice he's given...and he never practices.

Wait! Your supposed to practice? haha.

I know practice helps, but working for a car dealership really hurts us for going to the alley to practice. I really go and bowl during league nights, and maybe get some extra time in once a month or so. I could only imagine how good or bad I could get with practice!

Jord_84
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, my point is that this "crybaby teammate" doesn't do anything to become a better bowler. As far as I know, whinning doesn't improve skill.

I myself don't practice often. But I'm willing to listen to good advice. I also prefer laughing off a bad night instead of crying about it.

Strike Domination
11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't exactly cry about a bad night, not like I would have two years ago, but I'm not happy about it. Actually, I don't even get mad anymore, it's just flat out depressing when I do bad anymore. I don't practice much anymore but I'm at the point where it's probably doing more bad than good anyways.

Stormed1
11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Last year i had a teammate who would leave a flat ten and whine about what a beutifull shot it was. He would then get pissed off and throw the spare away. He also used to whine if someone got on the approach 2 lanes away

kev3inp
11-08-2009, 09:12 AM
We've got one that gets upset because I can't tell her what to do to make spares or hit the pocket. How do you coach someone who says they can't do what you suggest? Then she tries to give me advice on my game. OK, I'll listen to you, Miss 131. You're such a success story.

poflobo
11-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I would say we have a bunch of great guys on our Tuesday night league. Every one ribs each other and gets along fine. We do have one, maybe two teams that are slow to bowl and not ready to take their turn when it comes around. You can pretty much bet that if you are bowling them, you will be the last to leave that night. Oh well. :D

acdunker
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I would say we have a bunch of great guys on our Tuesday night league. Every one ribs each other and gets along fine. We do have one, maybe two teams that are slow to bowl and not ready to take their turn when it comes around. You can pretty much bet that if you are bowling them, you will be the last to leave that night. Oh well. :D

Oh, we have a couple of those teams. I use suttle hints like "You ready to start the next game" and "It's your turn" to get them going. In the rare case that doesn't work, I'll just tell them "lets keep it moving. I have to work tomorrow and don't have all night."

Mellen
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I bowled with a guy a few seasons ago, who was a great guy......SOBER.....but could be a total a$$ when drunk. And that was every league night. I put up with him cause we finished high in the standings, but one night I took all I could take.

9th frame of the 2nd game. I had already bowled and he was up. As he was picking up his ball, he said something smart to the person on the other lane who was also getting ready. She is one to take nothing from nobody, and she said something back to him. He got pissed and started yelling at her, and she started yelling at him. I packed up my balls and told them to finish without me. If he wants to act that way, he can bowl without me.