PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, Mutant Cell or Nomad Solid Continuation

pocketsplit
11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Was waiting to order Mutant Cell when released (had the Nomad first in line). Thinking, get the latest ball out there, however

Watching various videos (Buddies Pro Shop) etc it seems what ever bowler etc rolling the Nomad had the ball driving through the pocket much better than the Mutant,

The Mutant appeared to deflect more (like to the right of the 5) but the Nomad kept driving head on or even left of the 5.

Understand lane conditions, oil, ball drilling, bowler revs, release etc so need some opinions was this just some weird conditions or based on ball specs etc or real time experience was this observation just a fluke or is there something to it?

Thanks

PS I am looking for a ball with good drive and continuation since I have such a lousy release with low revs

Stormed1
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
It is a matter of ball reaction by design. The Mutant is more midlane and less snap than the Nomad. The Nomad is more slid/flip and at box surface will not handle a heabier oil volume as well as the Mutant. If you want more pop on the back in a Cell line ball I would go with the Rogue or the Cell pearl depending on thew volume you bowl on

gparks
11-10-2009, 06:58 AM
I am fairly low rev as well and recently got a storm virtual gravity,and if your looking for pin drive it really has worked wonders for me. i also have a dimension and it holds a similar line to the gravity but dosent carry near as strong.

as stormed1 mentioned i have a roto cell pearl on the way i have never rolled a skid/flip ball and cant wait to see the reaction i get with it. good luck on which ball you get im shure either will do a good job.

Stormed1
11-10-2009, 09:00 AM
In terms od oiler the Vg is considered skid/flip compared to a control type reaction of say the original Cell. Low rev and "up the back" players tend to favor skid/flip balls or layouts to help create entry angle. Most higher rev players will put a weaker layout in them to lessen the over reaction on the backend.