PDA

View Full Version : Bunion surgery 3rd day of recovery

WAC4504
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Had Bunion surgery Friday and just now able to get around. 3 days of elevation and ice and now I can get around a bit but it still swells up big time just doesn't hurt as bad. Worst part of all is that I'm out of bowling for 3-4 months, and that hurts. I bowl on 2 leagues and have subs for both which isn't so bad, but I'm not sure how it's going to be just watching. I tried to talk my wife into letting me go and watch last night, as it was our Sunday league but to no avail which turned out for the better because of the all City Tournament. She said there was no way I would have been able to get around in there with the crowd and the kids,and I'm not the greatest on crutches yet. The tournament is next week also so it looks like I'll be at home next week as well. Only good thing about it is it will give me moor time to practice getting around on crutches. Gotta go my foot feels like a watermelon, good luck to all Bill..http://www.bowlingboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Stormed1
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I can relate to your situation. Friday will make 4 months since my foot surgery. I was able to go to the center lasy monday for the first timew since the surgery. They did another graft on my foot last friday so it will be another 3-4 weeks before i even start walking. Good luck towards a speedy recovery

poflobo
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Hey Guys! Man, I hate that y'all are having to go through all these physical ailments. The withdrawal has got to be terrible! :D Hang in there... you'll be back at it before too long...chunkin' the balls better than ever!

WAC4504, I see you are from Memphis. I am only 2 1/2 hrs. from there and have relatives in Olive Branch. Maybe after you get well, we can throw a few sometime.

Later guys, get well!

Stormed1
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
The withdrawal is killing me. This has been going on for 6 1/2 years. When this problem started back in may 2003 i ended sitting out the 2003-2004 season. the 2008-2009 season i ended up only bowling 7 weeks all year due to several hospital stays from infection in the foot and then foot surgery in april. Apart from the withdrawel from throwing the ball i have a ton of people waiting for me to be able to get back to drilling

WAC4504
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey Stormed 1, I was going to send you an E-mail but it came up as IM and I have no idea how to do all that. I just want to wish you all the best, and a speedy recovery, it sounds to me like you've suffered enough so get well soon Bill

Stormed1
11-10-2009, 11:36 PM
thanks

Maine Man
11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I wish both of you guys a speedy and full recovery. Keep us posted on how you are doing on and off the lanes. Take care guys!!!

WAC4504
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Just a quick up date- at first it was a killer just watching everyone bowl, but after a week or two my coach started my on wrist and arm exercises and when I began to walk with crutches he put a chair next to the ball return and has me working on free swing and release, and trust me when I tell you that trowing a ball from a chair is no fun, but it works. I probably got another month and a half to go, and by then I hope to have dropped all my old bad habits and adopted some new good ones. I left at 191 and I'm hoping to be at 215 next season I figure there's no reason I can't. Happy new year and good luck to all. Bill

mrbill
01-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Seems like your on your way to a full recovery bill, keep up the good work and I know you will get that 215 your looking for in avg...

Stormed1
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
They did my last graft New Years eve. Hopefully i will be able to start back bowling in Feb. Wac How much longer before you should be able to start back?

WAC4504
01-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for asking Bill, I go to the doctor 1-11 and should be able to walk without crouches, but I figure I'll still be wearing the boot for a while till I can get in to a tennis shoe, so I figure some time in Feb. And man I'm glad to hear it's almost over for you, I know you can't wait to get back. Good luck Bill

Stormed1
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks. I will be in my Croewe orthodic walking boot for the rest of my life ( for day to day use). I will have a pair of dress shoes and a bowling shoe (custom for right foot). But daily it will be the boot. I can live with that but will have to learn to bowl all over again without the boot