PDA

View Full Version : buying another ball.

Beech
11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey all im looking to buy anyother ball. I recently a couple months ago purchased a Black Widow Sting and love it forthe first game and mabe the 2nd game but than it just starts to take off way over the head pin. Im looking for a ball that i could throw when my ball starts to do this, any suggestions?

Stormed1
11-13-2009, 09:15 AM
If you want to stay in the hammer line i would look at the hot sauce pearl , burn or black vibe. i listed them strongest to weakest of the 3 there are literaly probably 40 balls out there that would fit what you are looking for. you just need to figure how big of a step down you want to take. Consult your pro shop for their recomendation as they will be more familiar with the conditions you bowl on.

Mellen
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
It is always good to have a few balls to choose from when your main ball is not working. But before you go out and spend the money, try a few different lines with what you have. I will not switch balls during league play until I have run out of options with the ball I start the night with.

Storm gave you some good ones to choose from too. I stick with Hammer all the way. Original Widow, Widow Sting, Sauce. My hammer spare ball (spider web....discontinued now by the way) will be ready this Monday.

good luck.

Beech
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
i would like to stay in the hammer line as both my main balls (Sting, Road Hawg) are hammers.
@mellen
i have tried all the possible lines i could get with it i think, The only time i really got strikes is if i got out to the 1 board and it was rare i got out there. I tried throwing it across the middle arrow (orginal target just ahead of the 2nd arrow on the right) and it would go out to my mark and come straight across the head pin in the backend.
@stromed1
last time i talked to the proshop owner he said the Strom Virtual energy was something i could invest? any comments on that ball?

Strike Domination
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I second the Burn and maybe the Hot Sauce Pearl if Hammer was your choice. I'm a Brunswick guy so I'd suggest a Wild Thing, maybe the C-System 2.5 if your were up for any brand. The Virtual Energy would probably work, it's two parts pearl/one part solid and the Sting is a strong solid asymmetric. It would most likely allow you to ball down without having to move too much.

Stormed1
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
The VE would be a good choice from storm. you could look at a Sideways from AMF, a Break Point Pearl from Global, Bedlam from Columbia, Lane breaker from ebonite, Nomad or Cell pearl from roto the VE or a Hyroad from storm.It's all a matter of how much seperation and what ball motion your looking for. Since you like hammer i would go with the Burn if you want skid flip and a pin under black vibe for smoother. You could also look at the Track 505c. There are a ton of great mid priced balls that do thje job on house shots so you don't always have to have the high end stuff

Maine Man
11-14-2009, 01:05 AM
If you want to stck with Hammer, go with the Burn or Acid. The Burn will be a little longer but more angular than the Acid. The Acid will be smoother down lane. Either way, both of those balls would be a step below your Sting, and above your Road Hawg. Good luck!!!

gparks
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
i currently throw a virtual gravity for my 1st and 2nd game ball. I also have a storm dimension and roto grip cell pearl .the storms are drilled for max backend and do the job i want them to do im a low rev guy and they compensate for that.

the pearl is less agressive and goes long it is a good 3rd game ball and rips the rack well when i throw it right. But i agree with most here the burn sounds like a super fit for your 3rd game ball ,one of my teamates uses a jigsaw for his heavy ball .soon as the heads burn he grabs the burn and tears it up. It rolls so well i might get it before the jigsaw ,it is a nice ball.on the otherhand the storm virtual energy looks promising too, soo many options out there. Too many good balls out i just wish i could throw one JUST right :)

Beech
11-17-2009, 09:02 PM
I bought a pair of nice bowling shoes and it seemed to help my game alot, bowled a 173,178,175
next pay i will be ordering 2 balls:
Hammer Jigsaw
Storm Virtual energy

other option was the bedlam but i think ill take those 2 balls :D

jakester
01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
you should look at this ball, great for when the lanes transition.

http://www.bowlingball.com/lane-1-g-force-super-nova-xp-bowling-ball.html

You also have the option of having your pro shop shine up one of your balls. the one that hooks least of the two you have. You can also easily modify your realse easily with a little practice to get the slide, roll, turn type release that gets the ball through the heads easier... lots of options.

Taku
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
it seems like you want a ball to go long and hit hard, Hammer Cherry vibe anyone?

Beech
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
i already fixed the problem, i got a hamemr black widow Venom, drilled it weak and the speed i throw at makes it hook less anyways :p

My next paycheck im looking into buying the Hammer Jigsaw Corner <3 looks so sexy lol