PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell Review

bowlrbob
11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I received my Mutant Cell just 3 weeks ago. It is drilled with the pin above the fingers at 12:00. The cg is directly in line in grip center. I have a high roll with an axis point of 6 over and ¼ up. I consider myself a tweener with a moderate to slow speed of about 14 and up to 15 on a good day. The ball is 15lbs.
I tried it box finish the first time I used it and even with my 6x6 drilling it hooked early and rolled out. This ball is very aggressive. So I light polished it for our medium oil house shots. The next night I shot 683. The next week I had 743 in one league and 685 in the other. Then the next week I went 256, 220 and 299 for a sweet 775. One of my teammates asked me if I was really that good or does that ball carry better than other balls on the market. I have to believe I am getting better carry than I have with my other equipment on these same house shots.
This ball gives me a great read in the mid-lane great recovery on my marginal shots and the best carry I have had this year. If you are a bowler that throws with slower speed like me you will probably have to apply some polish to the ball. You will also want to have it set up to go longer than most to eliminate roll out. But if you have speed and hand you will want to go with box finish. Bob Korth writer of Q. and A. article Ask Bob and Roto Grip Staff Member. :D :D :D