PDA

View Full Version : question reguarding oil paterns

gparks
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
i live in a fairly small town south of st louis and only play on a dry house shot,we do have pba exp league starting in spring... my question is how do i approach the alley that i bowl at to throw up a sport/pba pattern in the meantime? they have the right programable machine,and have laid them down before for state tourneys and such.

i just dont wanna make them upset or make them think thier shot is crap,i just dont have the time in my family or work scedule to run to st louis to try my luck at the difficult shots that im looking for and i think will improve my game. sorry for the novel.... thanks

Motiv Girl
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
The best thing you can do is talk to as many people in the leagues at this house,and
ask if the are interested in joining a PBA-X league.But first thing is to make yourself a
PBA-X league petition form,make it look good.When you ask the people if they are
interested,and they say yes ,have them sign the form. You also need to find out what
time slots that the house has open to put the league.On the petition have a time that
the bowlers would best like to have the league,have them write down two time slots.
Also what is the format going to be.Singles format,etc.The best is doubles.
When you get enough names confront the owner or general manager with your idea.The
management need to see interest.Most will not offer something like this if they assume
that not enough bowlers are interested.With the economy the way it is,they will be happy
to have another league if they know that there is is already a built-in base.

Good Luck!

Drano
11-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I think what he's asking is how he can get the lane guy to put out a sport spot for him to practice on before the PBA-X spring league starts.

At my alley, they set up 4 lanes with a random sport shot every week on Sunday morning, maybe you could convince your alley to do the same kind of thing?

gparks
11-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the replies ... yeah ms motiv we did that and it fires up in the spring.its just i want to start shooting them now and the only sport/pba shots put up normally is up in st louis.

yeah drano that is what id love for them to do,ill ask the lane mechanic.not ownership they might get peeved

they did pop a sport block pattern for a no tap tuesday it was a blast it kicked my but first 2 games then i switched to a out and in 10 board start hitting 7 at breakpoint and popping hard with my cell pearl. thats what i need more often to be able to adjust faster:D