PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell

Rockteschel
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Mutant Cell Review by Cory Rockteschel, Roto Grip Amateur Staff Member.

Bowler Statistics:
Right Handed
Approx. 425-450 RPM
Approx. 17 MPH
PAP – 5” right
Span – Middle finger (MF) 4.5”, ring finger (RF) 4.625”
Pitches – MF .375 left 0 rev, RF .375 right 0 rev, thumb .125 left .375 rev

Review:
I drilled 2 Mutant Cells. I drilled them to give me 2 different looks at the pocket.

Mutant Cell #1: 4x4x3.5 with a 29/32 weight hole 5” right
This ball was a monster right out of the box. The day that I drilled it I bowled our PBA league, on Scorpion, and shot a 657 with it playing the lanes 23 to 8. After that I bowled our scratch league and had 30 out of 36 strikes for an 802. I drilled the ball to give me a more even roll to give me some predictability on the lane and that is what I got. What I did not expect was how much the ball actually moved on the lane. Our scratch league used a 41’ pattern and I was standing very similar to what I was on the Scorpion. I was bowling 20 to 6 and the ball was shredding the pins. I only left 2 multi pin spares to shoot at and both were because I got a little slow with my speed. This ball will be a staple in my arsenal for a long time.

Mutant Cell #2: 4½ x 3½ x 1½ with a 53/64 weight hole 5” right
This ball is very similar to the other except for the entry angle. This Mutant makes the turn off of the spot much quicker than the other. I was throwing both balls during a practice session of mine to get a feel of the differences. Both balls covered the same number of boards but #2 went a few feet longer and made the corner a little faster. I expect that this ball will be my go to ball for most heavy oil situations. I was also experiencing the need to be a little more consistent with my speed.

You can look at these balls on video and others at: http://www.tenpincoaching.com/Roto_Grip_News.html

No matter how you drill yours, you will love this ball for use on heavy oiled lanes. Roto Grip has another hit in this line of bowling balls.