PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell Review

onebigtwister
11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
SPECS: 3-4” pin 3.25oz top

DRILLING: 5.25x3, 7/8” hole on VAL 2” below PAP.

SURFACE: box finish

After a long lay-off from bowling due to wrist surgery I wasn’t sure how I was going to be able to compete in the heavier volumes of oil. At first I had mix results, due to the fact I wasn’t sharp at all. After some practice I had a much different opinion!

This ball for “me” is my favorite Cell to date, I have like all the other Cells and they have given me great reactions. The Mutant Cell fits my game so well and gives me looks I have yet to see from any other ball I have ever thrown. It is extremely hard to explain with out seeing it first hand. There is a fine line between hook and back-end they are not the same thing. The Mutant Cell for me does both, it hooks a ton and still has a lot of back-end stored at the break-point.

On most “fresh” house conditions the outsides are pretty dry and the middle of the lane has a puddle of oil on it. This is also the case in this review. After getting line up with this monster I was playing around 19 at the arrows and going out to 10 at my breakpoint. HERE IS THE KICKER……. I wanted to see what this thing could do, I started moving with my feet left only in 2 board increments still hitting 19 at the arrows and this thing never quit coming, Finally after about 6 boards I left a couple flat tens. I really believe this ball will fit a lot of styles, but bowlers with more hand that was not able to throw the previous Cells very often due the strength will be happy they can fit this in there arsenal!

I have yet to bowl on any of the 5 PBA patterns, as I do I will post my thoughts!

Any Questions please feel free to message me or email me at: strike2win@hotmail.com

Jacob Bedard
Roto Grip Staff