PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis in the wrist!!!

CHuesman81
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
well it seems that im having some issues with some tendonitis in my wrist. Holy crap it hurts. i had it iced today and that seems to have helped a good bit... i couldnt really flex my wrist much yesterday without it hurting and tonight i seem to be having MUCH less pain with a full range of motion.

I went ahead and ordered a glove with some wrist support... the Storm Xtra grip PLUS. i dont want a full on wrist support/positioner, just wanted something to help alleviate the strain in my wrist. Hopefully this helps... but hey if not its a lesson learned. Has anyone had any experience with these??

I use a very strong wrist position, so i may have to adjust my overall game in an effort to avoid injury. I love bowling so it sucks when im out due to pain that i ended up causing myself playing the sport i enjoy!

I also seem to have injured my pinky (seperate event) possibly broken it, so i may be out a couple weeks letting that heal, so that will at least give the wrist some time to recoup as well.

Thanks for the input on the wrist support/glove. Hope everyone is doing well.

gparks
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
sorry to hear ,i've been having a rough time keeping my wrist *cuped* .i think i may have corpal tunnel in both hands but been stubborn bout going to the doc. i have been looking into the exact glove.if it works for you i'll deffinatly get one.

wish i could be more help. good luck to ya and i hope your hand/wrist keeps up so you can bash those pins!!

Motiv Girl
12-08-2009, 04:40 PM
All the wrist devices and all the tape and gloves are not going to help.
Take it from me.In 2003 during the Women's U.S.Open a heard a loud pop,sounded like
my finger insert came out.It was my right wrist,ring and middle finger locked up.I keep bowling
that day and league that night.What a mistake! Went to the doctors and was told it was
tendonitis. The doctor made me take of almost five months off.He told me if I kept
bowling it would not heal,even using a wrist device like the Pro-Release.After 5 months
of rest and light exercises it healed.I know other people that kept bowling with tendonitis
and never healed,and are still having problems with tendonitis . My advice is not
to suck it up,but to quit until it heals.

Stormed1
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I agree completely with MotivGirl.Back in 90 and 91 i injured my wrist in falls. I came back too soon and during league people sitting quite a ways from the lanes heard my wrist pop. It took probably 5 years before my wrist was strong enough to bowl without the use of a brace. The glove you descibed is good for support . I still wear one but i take the metal out of the back of it. The wrister is another goos choice. I would definatly take some time off and let it heal before bowling again

CHuesman81
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you for the advice on healing. i bowled tuesday night and didnt seem to have much of a problem. no soreness today at all. i did change wrist position for the night and used a much weaker position. almost more of a stroker position with a more relaxed release. if it begins to be a reocurring pain i will definitely take some time off.

There is a possibility of career change coming up in the very near future that will require me drop the leagues i;m in now (tear sniff sniff) so i will probably end up giving it a year or so off during that.

Thanks again for your input. i will heed that advice if my wrist continues to give problems... one time manageable, two times freak out!! lol.

GParks: i will let you know if it helps.