PDA

View Full Version : What's up? The Man from Mesa

84supra84
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey Everybody!

I've been bowling since June of this year (09), and I've just thrown a 637 and last Sunday at league i raised my highest game ever to a 248!!! :D

I am currently on the Practice squad at ASU, and went to the tourny in Vegas two weekends ago and was high average for our B-team!

I'm looking forward to learning more about bowling as well as learning about equipment. The biggest thing i need to learn is how to read lanes, and i hope that there is info on here.

--Randy Kettelhut

P.S. I will try to be a good n00b and use the search function and not ask stupid, or repeated questions :cool:

Jord_84
12-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the boards!

We're all here to share our knowledge, so fire away with your questions.

Stormed1
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the family And when searching for knowledge there is no such thing as a stupid question.

One important thing that is often overlooked in reading lane condition and making adjustments is watch your ball ALL the way through the pin deck .

poflobo
12-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Welcome to the site. I'm the one with the stupid questions..... It's what I do! :D

mrbill
12-30-2009, 06:11 PM
First off Welcome to the best bowling boards ever!!!!
A few weeks ago I was watching norm duke from 06 and he bowled a 300 on walter ray. I was always having a hard time reading the lanes mostly when they where dry in the mid and wet on the out side, this drove me nuts.
So like norm duke I tryed rolling it stright up the 4 or 5 boards with a strong drilled ball but I gave it a weak release.
OMG that ball hit the pocket hard at a 45 dig angle and the pins went side ways( Thats great for being a Stroker) So the pins went flying back and forth and swep the deck 90% of the time.
Now I know what to do when I read the lanes anf they are very oily... Oh I rolled a 250 a 230 and a 190 doing that on that first day that I tryed it the norm duke way.

Stormed1
01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Like you MrBill i bowled a league a few years ago that hooked in the middle and outside 10 was out of bounds. Finally gave up fighting the middle and went with a very agressive covered ball (oracle) with an early rolling drill pattern and just killed them