PDA

View Full Version : Which Ball should i go for next?

84supra84
12-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Hope this is in the right section :p

So bowling with ASU, our coach puts down some of the PBA animal patterns, and some college patterns for us to practice on. I have my Mega Friction (and LOVE it) which is great for these really oily conditions, however i was looking to get another HIgh oil ball so i could have another option.

Was looking into the Mutant Cell, jigsaw, seige, or any other great ideas you guys may have.

I'm a stroker with about 12-14 MPH ball speed.

Beech
12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
umm my heavy oil ball is the Hammer Black Widow Sting, but my ball speed is around 20-21mph =/ alot faster than urs but that could be a ball to look into it reads the lanes VERY well. My proshop owner owns a Mutant cell and you will need ALOT of oil to use it. The hammer jigsaw is also good to look into.

Good luck with your choice of balls :D

Stormed1
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Bountyh Hunter from 900Global would be another thought. It goes longer than the Mega and is stronger off the spot. The new Invasion from Storms seems very strong too.A lot depends on your ball speed and axis rotation. Reports are the AMF Clutch is very strong in oik and at a cheap price. The new Jigsaw corner that is coming is stronger than the Jigsaw

84supra84
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Bountyh Hunter from 900Global would be another thought. It goes longer than the Mega and is stronger off the spot. The new Invasion from Storms seems very strong too.A lot depends on your ball speed and axis rotation. Reports are the AMF Clutch is very strong in oik and at a cheap price. The new Jigsaw corner that is coming is stronger than the Jigsaw

I have never gotten that 'snap' at the backend, so i would need something that hooks longer, more of an arc

Strike Domination
12-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Isn't that what your Mega Friction does? If you were to get another heavy oil ball you would want to have a different hook shape than what the Mega Friction has. To me, that is a smoother ball, so you want a ball designed to be stronger downlane. My vote goes to the Mutant Cell first, Siege second. If you're going to wait, consider the Invasion when that comes out.

Chow-Chow
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I just got myself a Mutant Cell and oh boy I love it! This ball has all the back-end, hook etc. that you'll want. Everyone should have a Mutant Cell. My vote goes for the Mutant Cell or like said above, if you can wait and get the new Storm Invasion. My two brother in laws has the Brunswick Siege and it is a good ball, but I still vote for the Mutant Cell over the Siege.

Stormed1
01-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Everything is related to your release. Speed,rotation,tilt,rev rate all come in to olat with what ball and layout will give you the results you desire. What does your coach recomend? How soon do you need it? The Mutant is a great choice and if you can wait the Invasion looks like a monster.