PDA

View Full Version : 2 new balls? opinions?

alanj
01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Im looking to add 2 new balls to my arsenal. Right now I have a Storm Tropical which I use for spares/extremely dry conditions, and a Track Arsenal Aggressive, which right now I use for everything else.

Ideally I would like 1 pearl,and 1 non pearl, so I was thinking either the cell pearl, or the second dimension, but I am leaning heavily towards the cell pearl.
To compliment that, i had my eye on a few balls, mainly the Mutant Cell, Reign of Fire, C-System 3.5, Jigsaw Corner or the Invasion.

Which balls would you guys suggest and why? I want to get the pearl drilled up for max skid flip, and I want the solid for max arc on medium to heavy oil. I plan on bowling on my university's team next year, which uses mostly sport shots. Im more of a stroker/tweener, 16-17 mph avg, and mostly play outside, but am working on my wrist position and am working my way inside a bit.

Stormed1
01-08-2010, 11:42 PM
ou can't go wrong with any of your choices. A little info about yourself would be helpfull. Speed dominant player tend to match up better with strong asymetricals . Whereas rev dominant tend to like symetric balls. Invasion/Virtual energy or 2D , Mutant/Cell pearl,Reign of Fire/Reigh, Jigsaw Corner/Burn, C-System 3.5/2.5, i'll also throw in Bounty Hunter/Bounty Hunter Pearl

Is your university team associated with a manufacturer? If they are that can limit youre choices

alanj
01-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I dont think the team is associated with any manufacturer. As for a little about myself, im more of a stroker/tweener, speed around 16-17 mph, and play mostly outside lines. Iv been working on my wrist position and increasing my revs so im starting to move inside a bit, but I still dont consider myself a full tweener just yet

Strike Domination
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I would approve of either the Cell Pearl or Second Dimension as well, they're both great balls. For the oil ball I would go with the Mutant Cell or even original Cell. I don't know anything about your Track ball so I don't know how it would compare to the other stuff.

alanj
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah i was surprised I wasnt able to find more info about my Track either. I bought it from my local pro shop, the guy said it was sitting in storage for a while, and gave it to me really cheap. From what I can gather, its a heavy load particle cover, symmetric core ball made specifically for heavy oil. He drilled it pin down under my ring finger since I told him I wanted alot of length.
It rolls real nice, its just very sensitive to changes in oil. On a fresh shot it hooks so hard its like someone just kicked it left, but as soon as the lane starts to break down even a little bit it wont hook at all.

Stormed1
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
The Track ball is a particle ball. So either the Mutant or the Invasion is going to have a more angular move on the backend than it does

Stormed1
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Best comparison i can make is a resin ball is like a drag car doing a burnout. When the tires are spinning in the water they slid. When they get to the asphalt they bite. A resin ball skids in the oil and then bites when it hits dry. A particle ball is like a snow tire in snow. It grips in the oil but due to it's lack of surface contact does'nt bite as hard in the dry. Thus resin angular, particle smooth.