PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Awards...Yea or Nay

Baroncad
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
So all my League Bowlers out there, let me pose a question to you.

Have you gotten Award for a:
Good Series
7-10 Split
BIG four
75 or 100 pins over

Do you like getting the award? or would you rather just be happy with your personal achievement without any fanfare.

Post up with your opinions.

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
This is a great question

I think USBC taking away the 298 and 299 rings was a great idea. If you golf and get a foot or an inch from the cup does the USGA give you an award for that....NOPE

I feel the other awards do have merit and should be giving out based on avg

im a 215 avg bowler and dont really care if I get a 650 award but someone that avg 150 and shoots 600 thats huge for them

PSBA10
09-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Awards are a great way to keep interest in the sport, especially if the awards are distributed properly. Many leagues just collect them and distribute them at their end-of-season banquet. I believe in distributing them as soon as they are earned. Being an officer of the local association it has been my pleasure to present numerous awards prior to league bowling. The reciepient invariably is a star that evening, and normally they have a very good night.

For 300's and 800's I have been known to have a newspaper photographer in attendance to take pictures of the presentation. Later I put a write-up in the paper accompanied by the pictures. Believe me, people look forward to that.

onefrombills
09-03-2008, 12:48 AM
we do the same here for 300 & 800