PDA

View Full Version : how many balls

wes909
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM
how many bowling balls should one take with them to a tournament jw i have no clue about it

Stormed1
01-18-2010, 01:57 AM
There's not a specific answer as far as i'm concerned. I would say the minimum i take is 6 plus my spare ball. Alot depends on how i'm getting to the tournament, driving,flying,train. Each has their limitations. Do you know what pattern the tournament will have as that will play a part in the arsenal needed. As an example I wouldn't need my Mega-Friction if playing on cheetah. Lane surface comes into play too. Wood,Gardian,HPL,Pro Anvilane all play different with the same pattern on them.As an example look at the WSOB. The bay where the finals were hooked a ton more than what they qualified on.

Strike Domination
01-18-2010, 06:07 AM
I agree with Storm, it depends on a couple of things: Pattern, Lane Surface, and your equipment. Obviously, if you only have three balls you will likely take them all to a tournament. To be fully prepared for anything volume-wise, around 5 balls is a pretty good number.

Stormed1
01-18-2010, 11:31 AM
The other thing that can affect how many is logistical. By that i mean accessability and transporting. How many bags are you going to neee,are they rollers or do i have to carry them. Years ago at nationals rollers were not allowed so you had to carry all the balls you were taking to the lanes during the processional out to your lanes.

11 in a row
01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
for me i would take 4 to 5 along with my spare ball. on the nationals i would take 3 with my spare ball.

wes909
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
oh neat has there been a thread on which ball to use on which oil pattern thread.

Stormed1
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
What to throw is all again related to your game. Due to my slow speed along with my rev rate i tend to need weaker equipment than most people. It's mainly trial and error as far as matching up what you do to the pattern Then figuring out what is best for youKegel gives you an idea where to play on their sport patterns

bowlingisfun
01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Most of the time in tournament bowling I would take 5 or 6 bowling balls.

http://www.bowlingisfun.com