PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Tiny Island

emotap r
01-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone.I'm from Singapore. Been bowling for about 2yrs now. I'm a tweener with a sucks average:o(like the stock market). Need help to improve my bowling skills especially my timing. Currently playing for 2 leagues(yeah I'm sucks but still play league ha .. ha ..ha;))..on Tuesday and Thursday night.

So to all kind soul in the forum..please help me to improve my average:). (will post some video soon:))

Current arsenal - Mega-Friction,Mutant Cell, Cell, Hammer Sawblade, Ebonite V2, Brunswick Headhunter Urethane, Columbia White Dot.

Stormed1
01-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the "family"

poflobo
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the forum!
There is a lot of info already posted, but don't be afraid to ask.... you'll get answers.
Nice arsenal BTW. Looks like you've got that part covered.

emotap r
01-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Thank you all..for making me part of the "family"...

Thank you:)

Stormed1
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Only thing i see missing in your arsenal is a pearl. Rverything you have listed is a solid

emotap r
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Only thing i see missing in your arsenal is a pearl. Rverything you have listed is a solid

Sorry there's 1 more ball that i forgot to mention..its the Columbia Messenger. Its pearl. I don't really like pearl ball...but could you please explain to me between pearl and solid..or izzit just cosmetic. From what i know even if it pearl, some ball pearl or solid share the same grid.
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Stormed1
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
The pearl addative changes the molecular structure of the coverstock slightly and helps create skid in the early part of the lane. By creating the skid in the heads they store more energy and therefore respong quicker and harder to friction downlane. Thus they tend to be more angular at the breakpoint.Some of the newer balls out while solids have a pearl tint added for shelf appeal. But "pearls" by definition actually have a change in the chemical formula.Due to their inherent skid pearls (depending on the bowlers "style") are mostly used on medium and drier

emotap r
01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
The pearl addative changes the molecular structure of the coverstock slightly and helps create skid in the early part of the lane. By creating the skid in the heads they store more energy and therefore respong quicker and harder to friction downlane. Thus they tend to be more angular at the breakpoint.Some of the newer balls out while solids have a pearl tint added for shelf appeal. But "pearls" by definition actually have a change in the chemical formula.Due to their inherent skid pearls (depending on the bowlers "style") are mostly used on medium and drier

Then izzit possible if a solid ball with a 2000grit and shine it up using the 1000-2000grid polish, will it have the same effect as a pearl ball. If so then i gonna try my original cell and shine it up with a 2000grid polish.
i do my research and found some of the balls have the same coverstock, only different is between solid and pearl..just my two cents.

really need your advice on this, before i shine up my bowling ball:o