PDA

View Full Version : newbie fronm cherry hill, New Jersey

bajiboy
01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
helo folks

been playing recreational bowling..now picked up my own pair of shoes, a friend handed me an old roto grip saturn ( pro shop guy said it was ancient ) , had it drilled to fit me, improved my score 10pins, although it think the pro shop guy drilled it with little flare. now Im shopping for a new one, friends suggested the storm fast so Im thinking of picking it up soon.

Looking forward to learning alot

peace!

Stormed1
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
The Fast having a lower rg and higher differential will rev up sooner and flare more than you Saturn Being a pearl the Fast will also be more skid/flip than your Saturn. Depending on the amount of oil you see you may also want to consider the Furious which will handle more oil than the Fast.

bajiboy
01-27-2010, 12:37 AM
The Fast having a lower rg and higher differential will rev up sooner and flare more than you Saturn Being a pearl the Fast will also be more skid/flip than your Saturn. Depending on the amount of oil you see you may also want to consider the Furious which will handle more oil than the Fast.

idiotic question though..on bowlingball.com, there is a sample drilling layout for the said balls, do i just print that one out and tell the pro shop to drill it that way?

poflobo
01-29-2010, 02:22 AM
idiotic question though..on bowlingball.com, there is a sample drilling layout for the said balls, do i just print that one out and tell the pro shop to drill it that way?

Welcome!
You can take the layout with you, but talk to your driller about what kind of reaction you want from the ball. He might need to see you bowl some to help determine the best layout for you.

Also... There are no BAD questions. :D

bajiboy
01-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Welcome!
You can take the layout with you, but talk to your driller about what kind of reaction you want from the ball. He might need to see you bowl some to help determine the best layout for you.

Also... There are no BAD questions. :D

oh i see :)

a friend of mine played bowling with me and noticed how the ball was drilled, he said try to slow my ball speed and see what happens, lo and behold, reaction came at the end of the lane hitting the pocket a good number of times ( my first high score of 191 was achieved)