PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new ball today

gladdyontherise
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I've had my ball for soon to be 2 years, and i've been leaving 10 pins like no one's buiness, my coach suggested a new ball might get them to actually fall.

I had been throwing a Storm Sure Fire, by far the best ball i had ever thrown in my young life, but i raised my average from 170 to 200 with the ball.

The ball i just bought is an Ebonite Magic, the info on this ball compared to the Sure Fire were almost indentical, which is what i wanted, i throw a fairly straight hook, i like to go right in from the first arrow to the pocket, hoping its a good ball, will probably throw it for the first time Monday!

Stormed1
02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
It's a good ball but will most likel be strnger than your Sure Fire. One reason is that it has a fairly strong asymetrical core. If need be this ball responds well to surface changes

gladdyontherise
02-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I ended up throwing it yesterday and today, it defintly has alittle more hook to it after throwing it on oiled lanes, on lanes that are dry on the outside and oiled in the middle though it seems really good to throw from the left towards outside the second arrow though

jakester
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Be SURE to clean you ball right after you finish bowling. Have you had your ball heat cleaned to take the oil out.
Your equipmwnt is likwe a sponge and if you don't take the oil out every 3-4 weekes you'll lose a lot of traction and carry
with it.

gladdyontherise
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Nope havent, i guess i should though. Bowled my highest game with the ball today, 279 left a ringing 10 pin in the third and strikes every other frame