PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia.

jimcross
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi, My name is Jim Cross, and I live in a costal town called Ballina, in Australia. I started bowling in 1961, just after bowling was introduced in this country. I was 27 years old at the time. I'm a bit older than that now. Not bowling at the moment, after 2 lots of shoulder surgery. In a few months, I intend to bowl again. Havent bowled for all of those years. Bowled initially 'til 1963, stopped and resumed again in 1995, for about 6 years, then a few years off and then started again 2 years ago.
My shoulder was a problem however, though I did manage an average in the 190s and a high series of 749 during that period. I expect to do better now my shoulder is repaired ( I hope) I even intent to buy a new ball, I don't know how old the one is that I've been using, or what brand it is unless i went and looked.
This looks like a great site. Glad I found it.
Who knows what I may learn.
Cheers, Jim.

bowl1820
02-07-2010, 03:14 PM
welcome to the board jim!

poflobo
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
G'day Jim and welcome to the site!

Hope everything goes well with your shoulder and you can get back to the game soon. Lots of people here to answer any questions you have.

WAC4504
02-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Good to see you on board Jim. I think you will enjoy the site, and as the above post says,if there's a question to be asked, there's an answer to be had. Good luck with the sholder.
Bill

Stormed1
02-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Welcome to the "family" Jim. There is a great bunch of folks here with plenty of knowledge to share. So don't be afraid to ask any questions