PDA

View Full Version : Need to complete the arsenal

Sam
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I currently own a Brunswick Twisted Fury Solid and a Storm Virtual Energy. The Solid is drilled rather conservatively for drier conditions and the Energy is my first ball out of the bag and drilled to be aggressive and break hard. Still, I have trouble getting the ball to hook up in heavier conditions. I recently hurt my back and had to alter my shot and, while I can still rev the ball alright, I can't put the revs on it that it needs to have in oil and maintain pin point accuracy at the same time, as a result, my scores suffer. I'm 6'6", more of a tweener, and throw the ball about 16-17 mph. I was looking into getting the Virtual Gravity. Recently the Invasion started looking like an option but that now seems a little aggressive. I love the Energy, but when carry down gets involved or there's heavy oil it just doesn't quite strike like I need it to and I leave a disturbing number of ringing 10s. Any ideas on what might be a good ball choice?

Current average is around 192 post injury
Healthy it's between 210-215 on a house shot, 210 on a sport shot.

High series on the season is 734 with the Energy, 248, 238, 248. High game with the Energy is 266. I've had something like 4 games with 10 strikes total, and more than I can count sitting in the 8 to 9 range. Just need that ball that'll knock down the ringing ten in the oil with the rest of the pins.

Any help and suggests, links, etc is greatly appreciated.

Stormed1
02-17-2010, 12:51 AM
For the Invasion you need plenty of oil. If you want to stay in the Storm/Roto family You can look at the Virtual Gravity or the Mutant Cell. The Mutant will read the midlane more than the VG

aebrewer
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
I really love my cell pearl and I have it sanded lightly to add a little bit of surface to it and it works very well for me. With that ball I can play many different angles. One downfall of the ball is that if the oil gets pushed down too far it has a hard time coming back if you get too far outside, but overall its a great option. Read some reviews on it if you havnt already.

Sam
03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I've read up on the Cell Pearl, almost bought it a while back since a buddy of mine has shot pretty well with it, but it can be temperamental when the lanes break down and in youth leagues that happens really quickly because of the spastic shots of a lot of the younger bowlers. He's had problems with it late in a series, not overhooking, but sitting dead in carry down. I'm looking for more of a solid style ball, rather than a pearl, hence the Virtual Gravity. I think I've eliminated the Invasion as more ball than I need. Another option that's arisen is the Track 930T. Any thoughts?

Stormed1
03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
930T is partic;e so you need to keep that in mind as far as reaction goes. One ball to also look at is the new Mega Recovery from AMF., Very strong with good continuations in oil and more back end than the Mega Friction due to it not having a particle load.