PDA

View Full Version : 715 series, but need your advice

turbotimmy
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Feb. 15 2010

1st 700 series in 11 years. 212-248-255= 715 :D

Seeking advice on how to carry out that pesky 7 pin! (10 pin for you right handers).
Sometimes it just gets frustrating leaving that pin all night. :mad: I'm glad I followed the advice
of a teammate and he said "stay right there-don't do anything different." Glad I listened to him.
But still...any advice on how to carry out that pin more will be appreciated!:confused:

bowl1820
02-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Your team mate was right. You had the line, the correction for carrying the corner is minor. But there are several ways and one might work better than the other.

The ball is coming in light, slightly behind the head pin. So you need to come in on the head pin a little more.

One way is to move back on the approach a few inches (I use this one).

another is to slow your ball speed slightly and/or move left or right or back a little bit.

Stormed1
02-18-2010, 01:14 AM
It also can be caused by too steep of an entry angleI usually make a 2 and 1 or a 3 and 2 in too lessen the angles

Beech
02-21-2010, 10:48 PM
when i bowled junior i stay afterwards for a bowling clinic to help bowlers. i choose to get help with the 10pin, i was told stand far left (right hander opposite for left) so your about 5-6 boards left or right of the last dot on your side and make sure it the ball crosses the arrow to left or right of the 2nd arrow so like cross ontop if the arrow and i know i got the 10pin.

Ebonite man
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Does your carry get worse as the lanes transition? I found this to be the case with balls that have a higher skid/flip ratio. When this happens, I go to a ball that starts to roll a bit earlier and doesn't snap as sharply on the backend. I feel your pain with this issue since the 10 pin still poses a problem for me.