PDA

View Full Version : Got a PM from someone claiming to be an admin on the site

crump582
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Got this in a PM... since I'm on a state computer tied to a law enforcement office... I doubt the claim. Is this legit?

PM from "EddieTrr"

Dear, Joel herzberg;JohnMc;crump582;stickman;slowfaller!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/Joel herzberg;JohnMc;crump582;stickman;slowfaller

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Edmond Taylor.

bowl1820
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
No its a spammer/scam and EddieTrr has been banned delete it.

mrbill
02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
They are getting so slick

Stormed1
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I got the same pm

Zoomie
02-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I am getting alot of spam from this site also.

bowl1820
02-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I am getting alot of spam from this site also.

if your getting spam in the Private Messages, post the username of who sent it and a sample and I'll ban them.

bowl1820
02-21-2010, 05:02 PM
heres another one (I got one from this user name) Joanna with a threat of reporting you as a a spammer if you don't go to a certain website.

sample
"Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet......"

lgiordan
02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
i got the same thing and deleted it

Zoomie
02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Is this a secure site? How is someone getting all of our email addresses? I really hope that our emails were not given out to anyone!!!!

bowl1820
02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
This thread is about spam in the private messages here. bots register on the site and then start going to user profiles and sending "PM's" private messages
not E-mails.

I dont know about any email spam coming from this site. What kind of spam is it and how do you know its coming from here.

J Anderson
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Looks like the spammer has changed names

Dear, LouRolfes;rollnxs;Stormed1;Michelle;J Anderson!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.total-scan.org/detected/L...ed1;Michelle;J Anderson
This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, William Jackson.

bowl1820
03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Give me the user name that sent it and I'll ban it.

J Anderson
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I just checked the PM. Username is Billieejackson. It looks like you already banned him. Thanks

bowl1820
03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I just checked the PM. Username is Billieejackson. It looks like you already banned him. Thanks

ok :)