PDA

View Full Version : Layout information

crzysnake137
02-21-2010, 11:18 AM
could anyone tell me about the layout on my ball, i only found success with the] ball rolling it up 10, but i wanted it to go from about 30 to 10, seems like a weak layout, please help its a 15lb invasion, i had my reign out hooking it,http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x315/Crzysnake137/Invasion/DSC_0551.jpg

crzysnake137
02-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Please need some help, gotta see if i need a redrill

Beech
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
if your regin out hooks it, than i think its drilled very week, ive seen videos of the invansion out hooking the mutant cell by 5-6 boards so you probly will need to redrill.

Stormed1
02-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Without knowing your pap there is no way of knowing how strong the drilling is. It looks like a length drilling for someone with an average axis point but that's just a guestimate.

30-10 So you want to go 6th arrow to 2nd arrow eh? If you have to play that deep an invasion is not going to be the ball to uses. If your reign is out hooking it there is probably not enough oil for it and it is burning up.

crzysnake137
02-22-2010, 12:14 AM
im not saying thats how i play, it just seemed in the videos i saw of people with the same revs as me were hooking the ball 2-3x as much as me, thats all i contacted storm about the issue and im waiting for a response, i remember my driller saying it to go longer, so im not sure, but ill contact storm and go from there, i was honestly expecting alot more from the ball, so i might redrill,

bowl1820
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I have to agree with Stormed1, info on your P.A.P. would help.

I don't agree with Beech though, just because a "weaker" ball out hooks a stronger ball. Doesn't mean the stronger ball is drilled weak.

It's been my experience that when a weaker ball is out hooking a stronger ball there is probably not enough oil for it (the stronger ball) and it is burning up as Stormed1 said. This to me is bared out by the fact that the Reign is a pearl and the Invasion is a solid.So I wouldn't run right out and get it redrilled.

Beech
02-22-2010, 12:58 PM
after reading your guys oppinions i do think mine was wrong, i also typed it at 12am last night lol was sort of tired.

Stormed1
02-22-2010, 01:02 PM
To further explain the burning up the way a ball hooks is it slows down as it goes down the lane. When the speed and rev rate match up the ball will go into it's hook phase and then finally transition into the roll phase.The invasion has a very aggressive coverstock and core combinatin. Therefore it will start slowing down and burning energy much quicker than your Reign. This will cause the ball to go through it's hook phase and transition into roll to early thus causing the lack of "hook" on the lane.

If you just want to be able to throw it where you can throw your Reign a redrill is not going to give you much change from where it is now. My recomendation would be to take it to 4k + polish. But even then it might still be too strong for the conditions you face.

crzysnake137
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
im gonna throw it again on wensdays, and see what happens, i love the ball but like the comercial with the invasion in it is how i want my bal to react, the storm commercial

crzysnake137
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Well i guess i was wrong, the layout is PERFECT<!< i threw it today on a fresh shot, i saw the oil being put down onto the lane, and shot my first ever 200 game, a 208. IM super excited and im only 16 and a youth bowler, so yea. http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x315/Crzysnake137/Invasion/DSC05996.jpg