PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! Any Montanans in the community?

dbdweeb
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Howdy from Bozeman, Montana!

Any Montanans or Bozemanites out there?

I have lived in 20 states but Montana was always my favorite. 9 years ago I escaped the rat race of Silicon Valley and came back to Big Sky Country.

I bowled in leagues as a teenager in Maryland. In my 20's I bowled in Southern California. I lived in Hawaii for a year and bowled in a small league in Hilo. That was about 25 years ago and now I'm fixing to get back into league bowl.

As a youth in the early 70's I taught myself to bowl by watching the Pro Bowler's Tour every Saturday on ABC. One of the bowlers I emulated was Wayne Webb. At that time all the instructional books were pretty lame and there was no Internet. Now I'm overwhelmed at the amount of material and the improvements in bowling technology. Cool!

The local lanes at Bozeman Bowl seem pretty good. I'm wondering what their normal league lane prep practices are. I guess I'll learn as I go.

D. B.

WAC4504
02-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the site DB good to have you join us. You're right things have changed quite a bit, but challenge remains the same. If you have any questions be sure to ask 'cause there'll always be an answer on the boards. D. B. this is none of my business but what kept you on the move?

dbdweeb
02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
My dad worked a lot of big construction sites. Also, I'm an only child and I kind of grew up with my parents so moving was way too easy.

WAC4504
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I understand, I spent 13 years in the Army and got tired of moving. Now I have no desire to go any where, except over seas.