Layout 1
45x4x60
no hole
box surface

Layout 2
75x5x25
no hole
surface changed to 1000 with reacta shine

The design intent of the Riot is to help fill the gaps between the Planet Series and the Nomad Series. This is a release I have been highly waiting on.

Layout #1 is one of my favorite layouts. I have a Nomad and a Pluto laid out this way, so I figured this would be a good layout to use to really compare the Riot with the Nomad and Pluto. This ball rolls absolutely amazing! It definitely fits in the Roto line where it is suppose to. The best way to describe it is very predictable. With this layout the Riot will definitely be a first ball out of the bag for me. It gives me a very good read of the lanes because of it\'s smooth transition from oil to dry.

Layout #2 is a layout I like to use when the pattern starts to push me farther left and I need the ball to react quicker off the dry. I currently have this layout on a Grand Illusion which has been one of my favorite rolling balls. This Riot is a completely different animal from the other. Compared to my Grand Illusion it is about 5 boards stronger and is much more angular. It is much cleaner through the fronts than layout #1 (due to the surface change) and unleashes a ridiculous move at the breakpoint. This is going to be a great choice for me when the patterns are breaking down and I have to move left still be able to get the ball to recover down lane.

Overall the Riot is a awesome piece of equipment, and for the price you can\'t beat it. If you are looking for something to replace the benchmark ball in your arsenal or looking for something strong and controllable the Riot is definitely something you should look into.

Jimmy Martin
Roto Grip Staff
Striking Advantage Pro Shop
Titusville FL
river@bowlingball.com

SenorRotoGrip
03-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Using the Ultimate Vision solid coverstock (2000 abralon finish) with a new medium core (2.58) and medium differential (.40), Roto Grip has created a Riot in the bowling ball industry. With a slightly stronger Rg than the Planet series, the Riot is a ball for medium to drier patterns. For PBA patterns, with proper layout, a stroker will find the Riot to be a very good choice on the 37' Viper and 39' Chameleon. The ball has one of the best mid lane reads in the Roto Grip line.

I drilled the Riot with a 55 degree pin/pap, pin 4 1/2' from PAP, below my ring finger, with the cg out and a 7/8" weight hole drilled on a straight line 4" from my grip center to create some hook/stop on the back end. I used the ball in a PBA Sr Regional on the 37' Senior pattern on Brunswick synthetic lanes. The Riot did nothing until it reached the midlane. At that point the ball made a smooth move to the pocket and set up nicely. Carry was excellent. I was able to use this ball for 6 games of qualifying before changing to a ball that would get down the lane as the lanes had started to hook earlier as the pattern broke down.

SenorRotoGrip