PDA

View Full Version : Maxx Zone, Mega Friction or Suggestions???

Mechanix19
02-26-2010, 05:25 AM
I found out the hard way not to leave a ball in the heat. There's now a huge crack going all the way around the ball :confused:. Anyway I'm in hte market for a new ball. I only throu about 15-16mph and don't get many revolutions on the ball. I usually stand all the way to the right and let the ball turn into the pocket towards the end. My average is about 175. So that being said I'm looking for a ball that hooks. I mean it starts hooking ASAP and keeps hooking. Just doing some research I've found a couple promising options. I'm between the AMF Mega Friction and the Brunswick Maxx Zone. Are these the type of bowling balls I'm looking for? Which of the two is more for me? Are there any other suggestions? Any and all advice will be appreciated. :D

Maine Man
02-27-2010, 02:21 AM
If you like Brunswick, I would suggest the Siege over the Maxx Zone. With your ball speed being a bit lower, the Maxx Zone may roll a bit too early and actually "lose" hook since it will be burning up on the lane too fast. The Siege, on the other hand, is a bit more angular than the Maxx Zone, will be cleaner through the heads, but is still a high hooking piece of equipment. I love my Siege, I can use it on anything from heavy to medium and it hooks on just about everything. Good luck!

Stormed1
02-27-2010, 02:42 AM
As Maine said theSiege would be a better choice than the Maxxx in Brunswick you might also look at the c-System 3.5 . As for the Mega Friction I have one and it is great in oil. That being said i would lean more towards thenew Mega Recovery. It is basically the same ball but without the particle load so it should have more backend reaction

Strike Domination
03-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Depending on how low your revs really are, your speed may not seem so slow. Is that speed off your hand or is it recorded on the monitor? What you were using before and how it worked for you may be useful to know in order to shorten the list of options.

Anyways, for really strong balls, I hear good things about the Columbia Total Bedlam but the Siege would probably be strong enough too. Both balls retain some energy for a heavy oil ball. So they will "keep hooking" as well as any ball this strong.