PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any High School Bowling in your area?

The KingPin
09-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Just curious if you have any high school bowling going on in your areas?

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 12:57 AM
we have about 6 teams in the Phoenix area

The KingPin
09-06-2008, 01:26 AM
we have about 6 teams in the Phoenix area

Thats good. I want to try and work with some of these school to educate other school districts on the values bowling teaches the youth that participate in high school bowling.

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Thats good. I want to try and work with some of these school to educate other school districts on the values bowling teaches the youth that participate in high school bowling.

I havent gotten into highschool bowling but Tucson has a great High school program down there

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I havent gotten into highschool bowling but Tucson has a great High school program down there

Ok, maybe I can contact them to tell them about the site and see if they need anything. Do you know what school ha sthe program or are there many?

cwbm
09-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Michigan is very strong in High School Bowling. I believe more then 300 schools will field teams this year. Here is a link to the Michiga nBowling coaches website. For a lot of info regarding starting high school programs you may wantto contact them. http://www.mhsibca.com/

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Ok, maybe I can contact them to tell them about the site and see if they need anything. Do you know what school ha sthe program or are there many?

http://www.azhighschoolbowling.com

winzeses3
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM
unfortunitly for me there are none in my area and i tried to start one but failed due to lack of coach and lack of funds. i did however manage to create a bowling and golf class. lol

The KingPin
09-08-2008, 10:49 PM
unfortunitly for me there are none in my area and i tried to start one but failed due to lack of coach and lack of funds. i did however manage to create a bowling and golf class. lol

Hmm I am so sorry. I wish more school districts will help. I am working on this yet I am only one person.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Hmm I am so sorry. I wish more school districts will help. I am working on this yet I am only one person.

you will find out....well at least here in AZ, you need to be a teacher at the school or have a teacher from the school "sponsor" the team

mrtim
09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I am out of high school right now, but when I went back 3 years ago, we had a bowling class, it was fun, it was like the only thing I looked forward to when going to school. I do not think they do that any more though. It was Barberton High School in Ohio.

The KingPin
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I am out of high school right now, but when I went back 3 years ago, we had a bowling class, it was fun, it was like the only thing I looked forward to when going to school. I do not think they do that any more though. It was Barberton High School in Ohio.

Wow great!!! Maybe I will try and contact them to see if we can help them in any way. Here at BowlingBoards.com, we are not only a forum, but a community of bowlers who care.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow great!!! Maybe I will try and contact them to see if we can help them in any way. Here at BowlingBoards.com, we are not only a forum, but a community of bowlers who care.

have you checked out the website from phoenix?

winzeses3
09-11-2008, 02:21 AM
well thankyou theres two of us because im trying my best but i have a feeling im going to fail again for my senior year