PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a ball please.

pac
03-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm returning to bowling after about 3 years away and trying to get ready for a summer league. Currently in the bag is a V2 Sweet. I really love it, but I have found I need something for some heavier oil. I know absolutely nothing about what is available on the market right now, so if someone could at least point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

If it helps, I'm usually a little over 17 mph, with I'd say moderate revs. I like stuff with a leverage type drilling, track a little low. I do not get along with pin over finger drillings. I usually like a smooth, even break, however I had a Track Threat that liked sharp left hand turns and I loved it (lost it in a move).

Stormed1
03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
You could look at the Nomads and Reign series. Both will handle heavier volumes with the proper surface prep. a step up from them would be the Mutant cell and the Invasion. All the manufacturers have balls that cover the heavier volumes so it becomes a matter of personal preference. Talk tio the pro shop and the better bowlers where you bowl as to what seems to be wotking there

Strike Domination
03-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree with Bill, a Reign of Fire or Nomad would be a good step up. The RoF I think would be more controllable. Balls like the Mutant Cell and Invasion are about as strong as it gets and I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. Other's balls to look at include the Diamondback, Lunatic, Clutch, and Acid.

crzysnake137
03-04-2010, 12:01 AM
i got both a reign and a invasion, i got to admit one of the best 2 ball combos, i use the invasion at the start then slowly migrate into the reign, Both are great balls in their own, if its heavy oil, then the invasion or reign of fire would be good, i personally like the invasion over my reign because it just finishes so strong, stays low in the pins and throws messengers in every which way in the pin deck

Zoomie
03-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Dont own (wish I did) a Nomad but have a good friend that had one drilled and out of the box he shoots 740. He averages 206. I own a Cell Pearl and Cell Rogue absolutely love them. Down and in with the Pearl, swing outside with the Rogue.

Sam
03-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I know a guy who's shot seems like it'd be nearly identical to what you're describing. Diamondback would be perfect for you.

pac
03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
I've ended up with C-System 3.5 and I love it. Absolutely not what I described in my original post, but my local pro-shop operator, who I've known for a long time, talked me into it. Really happy with it after about 12 games. It's something quite different for me, but it really does work for me and the lane conditions I'm usually bowling on.

Stormed1
03-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Glad to hear it's working well for you. That's why most times even with suggestions we make we will recommend talking with the pro shop as they know the conditions you will encounter and can see you bowl and make educated suggestions. Even though we have good knowledge what we suggest are guesstimates based on the info we're given.

pac
03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Had the pro shop polish it up a little for me. Finally got to throw on some heavy oil today. This thing is a beast. It is really interesting how differently it handles on a THS with carry down and then on lanes with fresh oil. On the former, it starts into a roll early and has a smooth arc, still crushes the pocket. On some fresh heavy stuff it goes long and then straight left. Really amazing the difference in reaction the same ball can have.