PDA

View Full Version : 911 help in the next hour...

rastamaoli
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Aloha Friends...

A litte info about me is that I am rebuilding my arsenal and returning back to a sport that I participated in religiously for thirteen years; following a eight year hiatus because I lost the drive.... I want to return and complete as high as I am able to ascend. SO...

I accidentally bought a pair of shoes; Dexter SST 6 without soles.

So I am researching and need to order soon; so that I dont have shoes w/o soles for league on Friday!!

"What is a "sticky" approach?" I am using alley shoes right now and I cannot reach the line no matter if it is a three step or a five step. I am falling short, a good 1/2 foot before the foul line with a four step...and historically with my sst5 (90's edition silver and marble blue) I generally reached the line with a s7 at the four step approach. I was also thirty pounds lighter though??

Currently, I am very confused. The shoes were thirty dollars and the soles look like there gonna be another 35 bucks??? If anyone got cheap shipping deals to Hawaii; I will take offers for any combo from s7 to s10 both heel and sole, or individually as long as it is of fair price
Mahalo Nui Loa..

Rastamaoli:cool:

Graaille
03-14-2010, 03:09 PM
A sticky approach is one where if you normally are able to slide, say 14 inches, you'd only be able to slide half that - ie. the approaches have more friction. This can be because of humidity, the type of material the approaches are made of, the approaches haven't been maintained in a good while, somebody spilled drink on the approach -- multiple reasons -- one result.

One of my local houses a couple of years ago refinished their wood approaches, and it went from trying to slide on concrete to sliding on ice.

I don't use Dexters, never have, but there are usually several internet e-tailers who can do a fair deal for you. Try Buddiesproshop dot com, or perhaps Bowling dot com and see what they can do for you. Alternately, Ebay can be a source for people who don't need some of their soles (they all bowl on ice and don't need the slickest heel/sole combos).

Good luck.

rastamaoli
03-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Thank you for considerately answering... I have another post asking more info about, pin placement and drilling specs...

Aloha,

rastamaoli