PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

stevetastic
03-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello all.

I have been bowling forever but I never developed any technique. I really enjoy and and feel like i would more if I actually developed my game some. I tried once before 7 years ago and got a Power Groove and got slightly better but hit a wall. My hand also started hurting from even one game. I have come to find that my finger holes were drilled too large.

I just purchased a replacement ball, a Storm Street Rod Solid with finger tip grip and I am determined to improve my game and develop more of a hook. The loose finger holes of my current ball have made it challenging to even get a tiny hook cause my hand just slips out.

I work as an exotic animal educator/demonstrator and have a large collection of reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, birds and a few mammals. I am also an amateur photographer and enjoy being outside looking under logs for bugs and other critters. I will gladly trade any animal knowledge I have for bowling tips!;)

I look forward to learning from everyone here... I have a lot of learning to do!

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Stormed1
03-16-2010, 10:53 AM
First off, Welcome to the "family"! Do you use finger inserts?grips? If so you can go to your pro shop and have smaller ones installed. If you don't use grips you can use white tape front side and black on the backside to tighten the holes

mrbill
03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome Steve
Yeah if you hit up your pro shop and get fitted for finger tips if you don't already have them you can be on your way to the wonderful world of h00k, rotation,and then pin droping. Yeah there's nothing like watching that ball change direction at the break point and hit the pocket...

Um, Do millapeads bite?

stevetastic
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi guys. I got my new Storm Street Rod Solid with fingertip grips and have been bowling with it for 2 days now. i am having a lot of trouble with the thumb. i feel like it is too tight and my fingers are coming out before my thumb and then it is just popping out sending the ball left about 85% of the time. I'm leery to make it bigger tho cause i don't want it to be like my old ball. any ideas? Also i am right handed but i am consistently hitting the pocket between 1 and 2 instead of 1 and 3. i'm sure a lot of that has to do with form tho?

Millipedes can bite but are not dangerous unless you bite them back. They can release toxins form pores on the sides of there bodies and an acid that will turn your skin purple. The large ones like the african giant millipedes can break skin but at most i would call it annoying, not painful. Centipedes on the other hand... be careful with them. They can ruin your day!

WAC4504
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the site Steve, and I gotta tell you I agree with you about insects. I am a pest control tech. for about 16 years now and love my insects. Not much time right now, but check to make sure that you are releasing the ball properly, and not coming over the top of it. That would certainly cause the thumb to stick.

mrbill
03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I think Steve if you look at your thumb and see if its round or oblong, you just might need to file out the sides of the thumb hole a bit.
Or 1 pice of tape might create a little room in the hole to let air get by your thumb, it might feel tighter but releace better.
Or dip your thumb in that slid powder before each shot.
Or your thumb might have a sweat problem so maybe a rosin bag might do the trick..
When I strated bowling on 08 I had thumb issuses alot. I just put a pice of tape on the back of my thumb and it fixed it for a time.. I hope this helps a bit and good luck.........

randwool
03-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Had my thumb hole oblonged a bit recently on my two Columbia's. The Pro Shop guy checked the fit, took his time and eased open the holes. No thumb sticking at all now. Glad to see you stopped by.

kev3inp
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi and welcome. Interesting thing to do for a living. There's lots of great people here to help with bowling questions, too. And some of them even know what they're talking about. ;)