PDA

View Full Version : Explain: pin length and understanding the right drilling specs ?

rastamaoli
03-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Someone please clarify

There are so many different points of view

I throw about a 15 mph ball with 300 avg rpm revs per frame..

Where would a heavy oil - med, undrilled, 2-3 pin ball, brunswick 3.5 c system best fit? I am looking at the brunswick website and its hard to declare a winner since they dont have specifc drilling info for this ball.

I have the ball now and would like to be as clear and consice on asking what I want. I am looking for a mid with strong pin reaction.:cool:

Thanks,

rastamaoli:cool:

------------------ BAG under construction ---------
nomad solid -- 15lb:eek:

Stormed1
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
A little more info would be helpfull . Things such as PAP ,lane surface bowled on etc. As the 3.5 is a strong ball i would probsably go with a 4.5-5 inch pin to PAP distance. , a 50-60 degree drill angle and a 40 degree angle to the VAL. This would give you good length with a strong but not snappy backend reaction. This would be a pin up drilling with the mb just right of the thumb.

rastamaoli
03-16-2010, 03:11 AM
thanks but i unfortunately, I already bought it on ebay. I didnt ask what the pap is... do you have a recommendation??

Stormed1
03-16-2010, 10:29 AM
More info was what i was talking about for layout. On an asymetrical ball the only thing pin to cg has an effect on is basically whether it will need a weight hoe and where. How much top weight does it have? what kind of reaction shape are you looking for? skid/snap , length/hard arc, rolly?wht lane surface and oil volumed do you see?all those are questions that need to be answered as they all are involved in determining layout