PDA

View Full Version : Am I using my ball cleaner properly?

slusk
03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and have just recently gotten back into bowling after about 15 years. I have an older faball black hammer and just bought a Morich response. My question is, I used Brunswick's hook-it cleaner for both balls. The next morning, hammer seems to be leeching oil or residue. Is this normal or have I not let it dry long enough? I buffed each ball with paper towels for about ten minutes each. Even my response had a tiny dot of what appeared to be lane oil on it. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I open up some pores and the oil is coming out? LOL by the way, being a totally uneducatedbowler until quite recently, I had never cleaned my hammer in 20 years. OOPS.
Thanks for any help!

Steve:confused:

bowl1820
03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
If you have a lot of games on the balls, they could be sweating oil. Hook-it is a fine cleaner and would have dried a few seconds after you used it.

slusk
03-18-2010, 08:47 AM
I have about 6 games on my morich response, and it really wasn't in bad shape, I saw almost no oil coming out of it. The black hammer... I would have to guess has about 70-80 games and hadn't ever been cleaned. after I cleaned it last night it seemed fine. I put it back in my bag and checked it this morning, it had a few splotches of oil. A bleeding ball of sorts, LOL

bowl1820
03-18-2010, 10:40 AM
if your morich response is a brand new ball with only 6 games on it, it wouldn't be bleeding oil.