PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Radio

BowlingBoards.com
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hello to all.

Well as we try and add more things to make this site the best it can be, we have teamed up with
The Foundation 300
to bring you weekly bowling radio shows.

We are in the progress of building this addition, so please be patient. I think this will be great and we hope everyone will enjoy it.

The KingPin
09-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Hello to all.

Well as we try and add more things to make this site the best it can be, we have teamed up with
The Foundation 300
to bring you weekly bowling radio shows.

We are in the progress of building this addition, so please be patient. I think this will be great and we hope everyone will enjoy it.

OK we are now in a trial phase. You can see if it is working on your side by clicking on the Alien looking guy on the home page.

When completed, you will be able to listen to new bowling programs each week.

kev3inp
09-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I used to listen to the Phantom all the time, but kind of got out of the habit. I stopped reviewing his show sometime last April. Recently I was contacted about possibly being a guest on the show, but I really don't think I'd want to make that happen.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
used to listen to the Phantom Radio show when I worked the overnight shift but havent in some time and this is a great thing for the site too!

kev3inp
09-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Have you checked out the Let's Go Bowling show? They broadcast live out of the Tampa area Tuesdays at 5 eastern time, or later in the week you can hear the show when they post it. Their old shows are all there, too. Their site is www.gobowllingshow.com

The KingPin
09-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I used to listen to the Phantom all the time, but kind of got out of the habit. I stopped reviewing his show sometime last April. Recently I was contacted about possibly being a guest on the show, but I really don't think I'd want to make that happen.

May I ask why you would not want to be on the show?

Is the lets go gowling show better? Do they stream for websites?

bowlr721
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
havent ever listened maybe i should start ;) lol

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 04:31 PM
May I ask why you would not want to be on the show?

Is the lets go gowling show better? Do they stream for websites?

I was thinking the same questions ?

kev3inp
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I really don't think I'm enough of a "celebrity" to go on the show. I've never thrown a 300, or even a 700. All I do is write a little bit about bowling, and try to be funny. I'm seriously behind on Let's Go Bowling's show, dues to vacations, and other reasons, but I'll try to catch up eventually.

I don't know what their streaming capabilities are. You might want to contact Ken at gobowlingshow@yahoo.com. Personally, I like it better than the Phantom, first off, in that it's an hour show, and the show isn't totally scripted like the Phantom's.

They're on right now with an interview with Richie Sposato from Lane #1. Here's the current streaming url. http://www.tantalk1340.com/

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I really don't think I'm enough of a "celebrity" to go on the show. I've never thrown a 300, or even a 700. All I do is write a little bit about bowling, and try to be funny. I'm seriously behind on Let's Go Bowling's show, dues to vacations, and other reasons, but I'll try to catch up eventually.

I don't know what their streaming capabilities are. You might want to contact Ken at gobowlingshow@yahoo.com. Personally, I like it better than the Phantom, first off, in that it's an hour show, and the show isn't totally scripted like the Phantom's.

They're on right now with an interview with Richie Sposato from Lane #1. Here's the current streaming url. http://www.tantalk1340.com/

Ill go check it out....thx

The KingPin
09-09-2008, 07:25 PM

OK so I contacted Ken, I appreciate your input

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
OK so I contacted Ken, I appreciate your input

will you let us know the outcome please?

The KingPin
09-12-2008, 09:15 AM
will you let us know the outcome please?

Ok so I emailed Ken from the Go Bowling Show and he was super nice and wanted me to call him.

I need to listen to the show, but if you all would like it better? Or maybe their is not a rule on who you have I can do both?

What do you all think

kev3inp
09-14-2008, 08:27 AM
There's no rule about how many shows you can put on. The Phantom and Let's Go Bowling aren't really competitors. They've been on each other's shows. They're both just into promoting bowling, and since you can listen to archived shows, there's never a need to choose one over the other. I just got bored with the Phantom and stopped listening. You'll never hear anything spontaneous on his show, but it's ok, I guess.

We'll be seeing Ken and Bill next weekend when we go up to the Tampa area for the Florida mini-Gathering. Ken bowled with us last year, but Bill was being inducted into a HOF, so he wasn't there.

I forgot to ask, did you mention me?

The KingPin
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM
There's no rule about how many shows you can put on. The Phantom and Let's Go Bowling aren't really competitors. They've been on each other's shows. They're both just into promoting bowling, and since you can listen to archived shows, there's never a need to choose one over the other. I just got bored with the Phantom and stopped listening. You'll never hear anything spontaneous on his show, but it's ok, I guess.

We'll be seeing Ken and Bill next weekend when we go up to the Tampa area for the Florida mini-Gathering. Ken bowled with us last year, but Bill was being inducted into a HOF, so he wasn't there.

I forgot to ask, did you mention me?

I have not spoken to Ken on the phone yet. But when I do, what name do you want me to give for you?

kev3inp
09-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Just tell him Kevin turned you on to the show. If it's which Kevin, the one in south Florida. :)

The KingPin
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Just tell him Kevin turned you on to the show. If it's which Kevin, the one in south Florida. :)

Will do. Thanks for letting me give your name to Ken.

kev3inp
09-15-2008, 06:29 PM
No problem, sir, glad to be of service.

I didn't get to do any reviews of their shows today, I had a procedure done, but I'm going to try tomorrow, since I need to take the day off. I can still sit on my "noisemaker" and type!

The KingPin
09-15-2008, 07:34 PM
No problem, sir, glad to be of service.

I didn't get to do any reviews of their shows today, I had a procedure done, but I'm going to try tomorrow, since I need to take the day off. I can still sit on my "noisemaker" and type!

OK so I spoke to Ken, may I add he is an extraordinary man. I am very honored to be working with him and his site.

It will be a few days but we will gets links and logos up soon.

I did mention your name and he knew exactly who you are.

Thank you again.