PDA

View Full Version : Colored 9-pin no-tap fun!

gfdengine204
03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Went with the wife and another couple to a colored 9-pin no tap last night and we had a blast. Not only did I pocket $20 for 3 strikes with colored pins up front, but my wife won a pack of steaks from a meat raffle they were having in the bar. Nice ribeyes, too. They run the 9-pin in the dark; the only light on the lanes is at the pindeck. So, while you can see where to stand, you can't see the arrows. Found my line, and did pretty well: 209-263-300 - 772. I had the only 300 of the night. Too bad you don't win anything for that, eh?

Used my Hammer Jacked for the first game, then figured since it was just for fun I would switch to the Onyx Vibe. After the 263, I stayed with the Vibe, and was in the zone. I was trying to keep low-key after the ninth, and my buddy taps my arm and asks "Do you have 9 in a row?". I say "Yeah, thanks for pointing that out" LOL.

It was a really good experience for me to work on my balance and follow thru, since I couldn't see if I was hitting a mark. I just had to find a "spot" on the lane and try to get it there each time. Missed the pocket only 3 or 4 times all night. Maybe I should have them shut off the lights at league?

Paralipsis
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Haha. That almost sounds like a good training method to try.

crump582
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
That sounds pretty fun...

How much difference do you see in the Vibe Onyx and the Jacked? I bowl an Onyx now, but just got a Jacked that I need to get driled and was wondering how much different the reaction is to you?

gfdengine204
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Crump, sorry so long to reply, been away from here for a while. The Jacked is drilled for strong arc, and comes in from way out hitting hard. The Onyx is more angular (not skid/flip, but not arcing) and drives thru the pins like a freight train. Onyx definitely more for drier conditions for me, the Jacked for more oil. Hope this helps.