PDA

View Full Version : Why Hello There!

Paralipsis
03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Coming from the golf center of North Carolina (Pinehurst if you didn't know), I'm here to say a fine and happy (yet sickly) hello. Started bowling when I was 10, got interested in other things about two months in, just recently which is roughly a month, I've picked up bowling again, and in my opinion, I'm the best that I've ever been.

Currently using either a 11 or 16 pound ball. I use the 11 for one handed bowling as my wrist isn't strong enough to support the weight of a ball that's heavier than that. I broke it last year, and it didn't heal properly. So, for the time being, I'm stuck with the 11 pounder for one handed bowling. Now, why do I have the 16 listed? Well...I also bowl two handed. I've got relatively small hands, so two handed bowling makes it a lot easier on me as well as it allows me to use a heavier ball. Makes since, right?

I'm looking at getting a Brunswick Diamondback ball (seems like it suits my style of bowling). Just need to get the money for it. Haha.

Anywho, enough of my bantering, WASSUP!!?!??!

randwool
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Glad to see you stopped by. Just up the road from you.

Paralipsis
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Nice. Any good lanes out there in Greensboro?

randwool
03-22-2010, 11:34 PM
There are 3 houses within about 5 miles of me. They're all OK. Lots of league options year-round.

Paralipsis
03-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Out of boredom this summer, I should hit up as many north carolina based lanes as humanly possible. Lol. The local center near my place just got a fair upgrade. The new Brunswick scoring system w/ TV's. Still stuck with the old (and slow) pin setters from the 70s or something. Brunswick HC-20...something like that connected to the Brunswick 2000/3000 ball return. Not a bad setup, but the recent upgrade, was well deserved and needed. Haha. Can be quite entertaining when you see a robotic turkey walk across the screen.

Before ReMod: http://www.sandhillsbowlingcenter.com/images/gallery/DSC_0127_1.jpg
Nowadays: http://www.sandhillsbowlingcenter.com/images/gallery/DSC_0244.jpg

Looks soooo much better now.

kev3inp
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Make sure you hit Creekside in Winston Salem and tell them I sent you. There's going to be a Gathering of bowlers there in July, culminating in the Colleen Becker Memorial Bragging Rights Tournament. Everyone is welcome.

Paralipsis
03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Make sure you hit Creekside in Winston Salem and tell them I sent you. There's going to be a Gathering of bowlers there in July, culminating in the Colleen Becker Memorial Bragging Rights Tournament. Everyone is welcome.

Any set date? I might just head that way.

randwool
03-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Out of boredom this summer, I should hit up as many north carolina based lanes as humanly possible. Lol.
Oddly, that's just what I thought about doing also. Some of the places are classic and others ultra-modern. It would be some fun.

The gathering is the weekend of July 24-25. There should be a dedicated thread started soon about it, as some events begin before the weekend.

Paralipsis
03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Oddly, that's just what I thought about doing also. Some of the places are classic and others ultra-modern. It would be some fun.

The gathering is the weekend of July 24-25. There should be a dedicated thread started soon about it, as some events begin before the weekend.

Cool. I might be there. Haha.