PDA

View Full Version : wrist training..

rastamaoli
03-22-2010, 02:02 AM
what type of weight training or excercises would anyone advise me to do ;i if i was to increase revolutions on my ball?

slowfaller
03-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Just today I finally swallowed my pride and purchased a robbys cool max and it really helped...I have such small wrists that I'd come over the top of my ball. I know its not an answer but search youtube for water bottle wrist excercise.

nathan
06-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I've been using a dumbbell to increase my wrist strength.
Like this except my whole arm needs a workout so I don't rest it on my leg.
"Allow dumbbell to roll out of palm down to fingers. Raise dumbbell back up by gripping and pointing knuckles up as high as possible. Lower and repeat."

I have a weak wrist, so I use a basic wrist brace (not one of those robot-looking things). I took out the palm support for better feel. This summer I'm working on eliminating it.

owlish
06-13-2010, 05:39 AM
<SNIP>I have a weak wrist, so I use a basic wrist brace (not one of those robot-looking things). I took out the palm support for better feel. This summer I'm working on eliminating it.

I have heard that as a bowler it is best to get to the point of NOT having to use any kind of brace and whatnot. Of course what you hear and such has everything to do with the source.

How about we form a club of the "Going to not use a brace eventually" Bowling Regime ? hehehe, just kiddin...

J Anderson
06-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I almost bought a wrist support last summer. The pro insisted on watching me throw a couple shots before making a recommendation. He then explained what I was doing wrong, corrected my release, and sent me on my way without selling me anything.

nathan
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I have heard that as a bowler it is best to get to the point of NOT having to use any kind of brace and whatnot. Of course what you hear and such has everything to do with the source.

How about we form a club of the "Going to not use a brace eventually" Bowling Regime ? hehehe, just kiddin...

I've actually been doing fine without it. I think my problem is more a lack of finger/hand strength, which the brace does not help with.