PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Riot Review

precisionrotoguy
03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Layout- 4 ¾” from pin to PAP, pin up and right of the ring, hole 5 ¾” inches straight out from center of grip, 7/8” wide by 2” deep, pitched away from weight block.

I really struggled with this ball out of the box as it was just flat too strong for most anything I was running into. A lot of that had to do with the surface. At box, it read the friction too quick for me (albeit I’m very soft with my speed and get on the ball pretty good). I did a few things like adjusting the hole a touch, but what really helped me with this ball was to polish the surface. Once I polished it, it started to be a lot more controllable/useable. Now it is a great compliment to both the Dark Star and Nomad, fitting between them perfectly. It provides a stellar amount of hook potential for the price point and has one of the coolest looking logos the market has seen in some time. I’m pretty pleased that there is a solid in this sort of price point now as well, offering a ball that should compete in price with balls like the Freeze, Tropical Storm, etc.

cmsubowler
03-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Hello everyone and thank you for reading. THANK YOU ROTOGRIP. Awesome addition to the line. If you are just starting out with high ball speed or if you are looking for a great fresh short oil pattern ball this is it. Here is what you all are looking for…… Drilled mine up with the same drilling pattern as one of my Nomad Pearls which worked incredibly well. Drilling pattern was 65 x 5 x 65 using the dual angle layout technique. Here is our video so you may get an idea of reaction-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xODtv9TGoQQ . To keep things consistent we made surfaces on both bowling balls 4000 abralon. This ball has given me a look in the track area longer and with a more controllable reaction on the backend on fresh and through transition. The ball allowed me to move inside as the lanes broke down and still maintain an incredible carry percentage. The backend move is controllable and continuous and the pin action this ball creates is unlike any other I have seen from a “lower end ball”. This ball is anything but low end from what I have seen but definitely allows you to keep your feet and line further right(for a right hander). The Nomad Pearl that I tested against with the same pattern can been seen on the video. I am at least 4 to 6 boards right with my feet and 2 to 3 boards right with my target while testing and still maintaining excellent length through the front and GREAT HITTING POWER!!!! Nuff said. Keep the good stuff come RG!!!!!