PDA

View Full Version : When do you next leagues start?

The KingPin
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Just curious when your next leagues start?

I have not checked in my area yet, but what about your's?

winzeses3
09-09-2008, 02:20 AM
i had one start last saturday and my pba expirience junior masters starts next saturday! two leagues. one day. = fun day of bowling haha :]

kev3inp
09-09-2008, 05:08 AM
We started ours last Sunday. Last year we had to drive 20 miles to get on a Sunday night league, this year there's one in a center about 8 miles away. Most of last year's league has moved to this house, too, so we know almost everybody. There are centers much closer, but none offering Sunday nights.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 05:53 AM
well I just started my league tonight and shot 780 .......not bad right ????

we bowl 4 games :(

kev3inp
09-09-2008, 07:00 AM

Wow, you got me all excited there, then pulled the rug out from under me. Well, I'll wait to be effusive with congratulations until another time.

The KingPin
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM

Well maybe the last part was a typo? 3 games sounds better?

So do you take your top 3 games for the league or do they count all 4?

Baroncad
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Well, a 195 avg for four games is respectable, very respectable.

All three of my leagues (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday) started last week. The fourth league I couldn't get on :mad:
But, I'm getting major static from the wife, had a WEE BLOW-UP last night about my night's out. Plus the fact that she can not participate in any because of work getting in the way.

It's boiling down to bowling (lose wife) or wife (lose bowling) presented with these options Bowling will lose. I love to bowl but I love the missus' more.

So, I'll probably live vicariously through you all, just keep me updated on all your progress or downward slide. Hopefully for all it's the former.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, you got me all excited there, then pulled the rug out from under me. Well, I'll wait to be effusive with congratulations until another time.

Thank you ...I haven't thrown a ball in over a week and had to get the cobwebs out again

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Well maybe the last part was a typo? 3 games sounds better?

So do you take your top 3 games for the league or do they count all 4?

No type-o and all 4 games count
Its a match point league and as soon as I get the link Ill post it here so instead of posting every week (unless I shoot 300/ 800(for 3 games) you can all check it out ....if ya like that is

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, a 195 avg for four games is respectable, very respectable.

All three of my leagues (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday) started last week. The fourth league I couldn't get on :mad:
But, I'm getting major static from the wife, had a WEE BLOW-UP last night about my night's out. Plus the fact that she can not participate in any because of work getting in the way.

It's boiling down to bowling (lose wife) or wife (lose bowling) presented with these options Bowling will lose. I love to bowl but I love the missus' more.

So, I'll probably live vicariously through you all, just keep me updated on all your progress or downward slide. Hopefully for all it's the former.

Yes 195 is not bad at all but I ended this league at 215 last year so thats where my disapointment comes from

As far as you and the wife, does she do anything other than work that takes her out of the house and if so do you support her on that ???

3 leagues isn't bad and maybe if she ok with that, that should be all you do ?

zman
09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Our league started last Friday Sept 5.
BUT I have a pinched nerve in my neck making my arm numb and sore.
It's wierd I'm a lefty and it's my right arm that hurts so much when I try
to throw the ball it throws everything off.
Haven't missed a night in 2 years, now going to miss two weeks in a row.
Going to the bone cruncher hope he can fix it.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Our league started last Friday Sept 5.
BUT I have a pinched nerve in my neck making my arm numb and sore.
It's wierd I'm a lefty and it's my right arm that hurts so much when I try
to throw the ball it throws everything off.
Haven't missed a night in 2 years, now going to miss two weeks in a row.
Going to the bone cruncher hope he can fix it.

keep us posted and let us know how ya doing

bowlr721
09-10-2008, 12:07 AM
well im in my fourth week and last night i got 226 279 219 for 724 and tonight i go 200 288 268 for a 756 yea yea i know i choked lol good thing was the 11th pitch was a pocket 7-10 and i picked it up to shoot the 288

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 01:26 AM
well im in my fourth week and last night i got 226 279 219 for 724 and tonight i go 200 288 268 for a 756 yea yea i know i choked lol good thing was the 11th pitch was a pocket 7-10 and i picked it up to shoot the 288

WOW congrats on the great sets and picking up the 7-10

bowlr721
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks we all get lucky every now and then

Baroncad
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes 195 is not bad at all but I ended this league at 215 last year so thats where my disapointment comes from

As far as you and the wife, does she do anything other than work that takes her out of the house and if so do you support her on that ???

3 leagues isn't bad and maybe if she ok with that, that should be all you do ?

Well, I finally waited her out and found out that her girlfriend has guy trouble, which naturally means I have to atone for some other guy spending time with pole dancers. :eek:
My wife does whatever she wants, I have no problems with girls day out or girl night out (which rarely happens)
Most weekends I'm doing stuff with the family.

Mom has allowed me to roll with my little friends. :p

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, I finally waited her out and found out that her girlfriend has guy trouble, which naturally means I have to atone for some other guy spending time with pole dancers. :eek:
My wife does whatever she wants, I have no problems with girls day out or girl night out (which rarely happens)
Most weekends I'm doing stuff with the family.

Mom has allowed me to roll with my little friends. :p

well im sorry to hear about your friend having troubles and I hope it all works out for the best and Im glad that your lady lets ya roll with your little friends