PDA

View Full Version : AMF Sideways - first impression

Stormed1
03-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I picked up a used Sideways with 6 games on it. The layout (5.5x50x70) pin unde bridge,cg kicked right, p2 weight hole. Plugged the thumb to shorten the span and put an It in it. I threw it for the first time last night on the 40ft flat Us Open shot on wood ( high friction). Ball surface is 2k plus Snake Oi polish. This ball got easy length through the heads, reved up in the midlane and make a cery decisive moove at the breakpoint. This ball was very responsive to changes in hand position. As the lane surface i was on is very high friction I was using a much more forward roll type of release than nomal and still had relly good recovery on misses right.( keep in mind this was a flat gutter to cutter patern. When the lheads started going away in the second game i was able to move in a little and add axis rotation and the ball just kept coming. I can see this ball with a more agressive drilling really living up to it's name. I may just drill another with a more agressive drilling such as 5x60x40 and have some fun watching it kick sideways on the back :D:)

bigbowler76
06-19-2010, 08:50 AM
I am a tweener with a fairly high ball speed around 17-18 mph with my relaxed arm swing....
I got this ball drilled with the AMF Strong (stacked) drilling layout that comes with the ball.

The night I had this drilled, the lanes I bowl at had just resurfaced the lanes and approaches. With a TRULY fresh league house shot I was laying this ball out right and it seriously looked like this ball would hit the 6 pin dead on, and then...... it was in the pocket.....

Like you said, this ball respond to changes in hand position and the amount of forward roll you give this bad boy, which is good, since sometimes you need a softer/stronger hand in the ball instead of switching to another ball entirely...

A+ for this ball from me!

Stormed1
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I picked up another Sideways and drilled it 4.75x60x40 and this beast definatly lives up to it's name.I have it at the same surface (2000 + Snake oil) as my first one. As long as there is enough oil ti use it i have found this to be my goto ball as it gives easy length with a very angular move downlane. Like my first one it reponds well to hand position changes. The 2 of them together give me a nice 1-2 punch on the fresh with the abilaty to step down to my Clutch Pearl and Lunatics as they break down

Drano
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I hate my sideways, worst ball I've ever thrown...

I know plenty of people with the same opinion as me.

bigbowler76
06-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I hate my sideways, worst ball I've ever thrown...

I know plenty of people with the same opinion as me.

could definitely be that the drilling isnt appropriate for the lane condition... have you tried altering the coverstock to alleviate the problems?

Drano
06-20-2010, 02:44 PM
could definitely be that the drilling isnt appropriate for the lane condition... have you tried altering the coverstock to alleviate the problems?

used it on all kinds of lane conditions, house, sport, kegel shots... sanded the crap out of the ball, polished..

hate the ball