PDA

View Full Version : Dark Star Ball Review

kingpinwoods
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
For the Dark Star, I took it out on a 39' house shot, using 5th and 6th boards as break point. This ball went longer but was stronger on the backend. I threw several shots with this ball and it gave me more miss room out, but if I missed in it wasn't going to be good. I tried it on a slicker oil pattern, and for me I threw it too firm and don't have enough hand to make it work. This ball will be a great ball for wet dry conditions where you can just throw it right and it will read the mid lane with a strong backend. The Dark Star and Riot are two balls that would be a great fit for any bowler whether a starter or a seasoned bowler. Great job to Hank and everyone at Roto Grip. KING OF THEM ALL!!!

RotoGripSkitt159
04-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Dark Star My dark star is drilled pin below ring finger. So this ball here has the same core as the riot basically gives you the same kind of look. it gives the pearl type finish,ball is very controlling. My advise is not to be used on heavy oil lane conditions, to be used on shorter or dry lane conditions... reason for that the ball cleans the front very well and has a very smooth reaction. For bowlers who need a ball for shoprter sport pattens this is the ball I would use..

SenorRotoGrip
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Combining the Ultimate Vision pearl coverstock (1500 polished) with a new medium core (2.58) and medium differential (.40), Roto Grip introduces the Dark Star to its mid priced line. With a slightly stronger Rg than the Planet series, the Dark Star is a ball for medium to drier patterns. For PBA patterns, with proper layout, a stroker/tweener will find the Dark Star to be a good go to ball on the 37' Viper and 35' Cheetah as the pattern breaks down.

I drilled the Dark Star with a 55 degree pin/pap, pin 4 1/2' from PAP, below my ring finger, with the cg out and a 7/8" weight hole drilled on a straight line 4" from my grip center to create some hook/stop on the back end. This is the same layout I used on a Riot to give me a go to ball when the Riot started to burn off or hook to early as the pattern dried out. For bowler's in the 140-160 average range who want to go to a reactive that is controllable, the Dark Star would be a good choice.

SenorRotoGrip

Stormed1
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
For bowler's in the 140-160 average range who want to go to a reactive that is controllable, the Dark Star would be a good choice.

It doesn't hurt at in the shop that it has great shelf appeal too