PDA

View Full Version : laughing at a bad series

tracy
04-03-2010, 07:18 PM
when you are having a bad series or not bowling as good as you think (or know) you should be doing, i find myself actually laughing or should i say (shaking my head with a smile)at how bad i am bowling. i don't know if i'm trying not to bother other bowlers by doing this or is it because i have a good attitude about the game? i guess if i let out my anger , my bowling will just get worse also. i don't even like to talk to other bowlers(about bowling) while we are bowling because i think it will distract them. i always tell myself "that i will bowl a better game tomorrow" . what are your thoughts about bowling a bad game or series and do you think i'm being to critical on my thoughts?

Podunkparte
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
When I was younger (teens) I would get pretty mad when I bowled badly, or at least didn't live up to my own expectations. Now I still get a little mad at myself if I'm making stupid mistakes, but that's over by the next ball. I'm a pretty competitive person but I make sure that even if I am upset, it doesn't affect anyone else. People that get mad and slam their equipment or distract other people too much need to chill IMO.

Anyway, yeah, I still get a little upset sometimes because I take my game pretty seriously, but sometimes you do just have to laugh and shake it off.

Paralipsis
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I laughed big time during my low game today. I was bowling 120's to 140's today. The out of no where, a 96. At the end of the game, had to take a break to laugh at how horrible I did. Wasn't hitting the pocket, not hitting my target points, etc. I mean, yeah, I was a tad ticked off because it ruined my daily average but meh, practice rounds are practice rounds. I'm competitive as well, but when I get pissy, it ruins it for me, and everyone else. Even if you're taking it seriously in a tournament, you gotta have fun.

tracy
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
i guess as long as we are having a good time,that's all that counts as they say.loll

Strike Domination
04-09-2010, 05:17 AM
For me it's hard to laugh when I know there's something I could do to make it better. But yeah, sometimes you just have to laugh at how rediculously bad you're doing.