PDA

View Full Version : Finger Tape Question?

BearClaw1973
04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hello,
I got a new Ball last Friday and was so excited about it that I Bowled 11 games straight. The problem is I go a Blister on my finger from Bowling so much at one time. I don't think its a finger insert issue because it was drilled and sized like my first ball. The Blister is not healed yet and I want to go practice bad. I see Finger Tape that helps "prevent" blisters but is there Finger Tape that covers and protects blisters? Thanks..

Graaille
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
The only thing that prevents blisters are callouses - the residue of excesses/blisters past. Tape can slow down the blister formation, but won't prevent them. Slick finger tape over liquid bandage would probably be your best bet. Otherwise, if you want to bowl a dozen games, bowl them 4 apiece over 3 consecutive days. (It's better for your concentration anyway - at least till you build up the callouses.)

BearClaw1973
04-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks..I didn't realize I Bowled that many games till I felt the burn. The House Pro "my teacher" told me when I bought the Ball he would throw in a free lesson and he worked with me for about an hour or so. Worked alot on my timing and not opening my shoulders. After the lesson I worked on what I had learned and...bam...11 games straight. I will not do that again any time soon. I guess I`ll just let it heal first, it just kills me wanting to get back to it. :(

hokiefan76
05-19-2010, 08:38 AM
did that once. right before league play and i was hurting for a day after. have built up callus on my fingers and learned to not rush.. pro shop owner helped too and stressed that the game is all about focus, not rushing in. ever since i have been practicing the day before and after league with the same amount of frames as we play in league with some others so i can keep the feel of the game in my arm.

rastamaoli
07-22-2010, 07:38 AM
I used to get those all the time but until the blister become a calluses, you may want to purchase NU SKIN. It should be at your nearest drugstore. ex: target/wal-mart etc..

Robby's used to make a formula specifically for bowlers but I dont know if they still make it or not

Aloha