PDA

View Full Version : Scored my Year High!

Paralipsis
04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes, I know it's low, but for someone like me who's been bowling for just a little over a month now, a 146 is pretty good. Been slowly improving. Still adjusting my release, ball speed, and rev rate. First two weeks, I was bowling 100's and lower, mainly because I couldn't stay focused, and barely knew what I was doing. Now, I'm blocking out the distractions, finding my target, aiming for it, and letting loose. I'm hoping to break the 200 barrier before the end of the school year. Since my first game/series, I've easily brought my average up 15-20 point. 111 may not seem high, but for someone who's been bowling for such a short period of time, I consider that okay. I'm proud of my 146.

EDIT: If you checked out my bowlsk profile, the 162 game, was me muckin' around just heaving the ball (did retarded crap that game...not even sure why I scored it). I don't consider it a legit score to consider as a year/career high. My 146 is my legit year high.

mrbill
04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Great going David..
Theres good times to be had.....

Paralipsis
04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
True that. When I hit 146 I was like...nice. Year high. I'm impressed. I'm working on the aiming part at the moment. I've got the release down, just need to start hitting my target point over and over and over again.

wes909
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
i got my high tonight 196! i was really happy! i need to work on my back swing and make sure my arm stays straight. great job on the 146 i havnt been bowling really long myself when i first hit 150 it was like and explosion in my pants!

Paralipsis
04-08-2010, 02:50 PM
i got my high tonight 196! i was really happy! i need to work on my back swing and make sure my arm stays straight. great job on the 146 i havnt been bowling really long myself when i first hit 150 it was like and explosion in my pants!

Speaking of 150...I scored that in my...8th practice round today. Was a horrible round too. 5 open...2 spares...4 strikes.